Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: how to make a long mix?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

When recording a mix, do I have to listen to the entirety of the mix in order to add another track to the end? ie I have 3 tracks synced up, recorded into one track totaling 15 minutes. I want to add another track. Do I need to listen to and record from the beginning of the 15 minute track to add the next one, or is there a quicker way?

Mensajes Fri 17 May 13 @ 2:13 am
As long as you play the next session at the same tempo as you ended the last, you can make all your mini-mixes three or four tracks at a time, and load them into a sound editor (Audacity is probably the way forward here - click here.

With a bit of practice, you'll be able to layer your mixes (by lining up the waveforms) like below...

Mix1: 11111111111111111111
Mix2: ----------------------------2222222222222222222222222222
Mix3: ----------------------------------------------------------------------33333333333333333333333333

*Note: Diagram will make so more sense once Audacity is installed, and you've imported mixes.

...and then output the whole lot into one long .mp3, .wav, whatever format.

This is also a good method of chopping out any mistakes you may have made during your mix. Just record from the beginning of the track you messed up on at the same tempo, then simply cut and paste the 'before and after' bits together into one seamless track. Naughty, but useful!

And remember, a CD typically has 700MB, or 80mins.

Ta,
Mike

Mensajes Mon 20 May 13 @ 3:53 pm
Alternatively, decide in advance what ten or twelve tracks you want to play, and write yourself an idiot guide that tells you exactly what speed to play at, when to press play, when to mix in, what effect to maybe use and when, when to mix out, everything, and tick it off as you do it.

Try to write it so that man across the street could just wander over, and do it.

The more detail you write, the better and more practiced it'll sound.

Ta,
Mike

Mensajes Mon 20 May 13 @ 4:04 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)