Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Where to go next with effects?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys I know there are a lot of plug-ins to choose from but it’s hard for me to know
A) What will work for me (Aiming towards a mobile DJ style)
B) What to do with them
I would like to get a little bit experimental with them but I don’t really know where to start. I use the beat grid, flanger, phaser, flippin double, Echo a little, and my start time dial on the Mixdeck turns into a filter with VDJ. I have added the Matrix Flanger (This is easy to use), and the Echo Out but I don’t really even know how to use the Echo Out. I kind of need a bit of direction of proper use and wish that some of them had a description of how to use them in the plug-in page. All this is coming from the fact that I keep seeing stuff from the Pioneer RMX1000 and the Numark Orbit. With the RMX1000 you can use it after the controller and before the speakers and that I like, but the Orbit is 100% computer based (No VDJ mapping yet) and I don’t see a way to use it with out using a laptop. I am not even close to good enough to use my Mixdeck with out VDJ but would like to get there one day and maybe move into some Pioneer stuff I just don’t have 10G’s to get 2 - CDJ2000’s, DJM 2000, and a RMX1000, nor do I have a business that I would need them. I would love to be able to use a RMX1000 or Orbit in the future (probably the Orbit as it’s in my price range) but would like to understand what I am doing first.

SO what are the next 2 or 3 effects that I should learn to use that can help me mess around with transitions and just generally make the song funky. I still think I only have a basic skill level but if I can use an effect to hide my lack of experience through a transition then it will help me out until I can get it crisp and clean 95% of the time.

Brendan

Mensajes Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 5:53 pm
Then of course there are VSTs.....which is a big wide world!

Mensajes Sat 06 Jul 13 @ 5:32 am
Sweet. Thanks guys I will check them out.

Brendan

Mensajes Mon 08 Jul 13 @ 5:06 pm
My favourite trick a the moment is to clone the decks, kill the high and low eq on one deck 2, kill the mid on deck 1, and slam the fader to the central position. Whats playing now is the song normally, but across two decks.

Now, by engaging effects onto deck 2, you can play with the effects over only the midrange, leaving the bassline and percussion untouched. Makes for some interesting mixes of tracks you thought you knew. Sounds amazing with "Filters_V2_TexZK" and "Gates 1.1b" applied over the JUST mids.

Just remember to stop having too much fun with the effects knobs, lest you'll run out of track!

Ta
Mike.

Mensajes Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 1:38 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)