Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: MY 1st Mix (comments need)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

oryul90ControlleristMember since 2011

Mensajes Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 11:14 am
anyone?

Mensajes Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 1:03 pm
man this forum is so dead

Mensajes Tue 16 Jul 13 @ 1:00 pm
Decent mix! I like it! I'm new to the dj world myself, keep up the good work!

Mensajes Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 1:06 am
VernskiPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Will listen to it, I'll let you know something when I've checked i out.......

Mensajes Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 6:40 am
VernskiPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi there,
I checked out your mix, you've got quite a few plays and likes so you're clearly onto something good. I can't really comment though, the music isn't my scene.

Happy mixing

Vernski

Mensajes Sat 14 Sep 13 @ 8:21 am
The way you mixed those first 2 tracks was not smooth at all bro. lol. But hey, you gotta start somewhere and i'll give you props for putting together such a long mix for it being one of your first mixes.
I do not have much experience putting together such a long mix but I have heard some really mixes from clubkillers.com. I hear those Djs mix and then I guide myself from there. Here's what I've picked up from listening to those mixes:
-Use your hot cues! (Cues are there for a reason that is to chop up the song. Have fun with it and don't simply play the song from beginning to end or let it run continuously from any given point to another! Have fun with it!)
-bring in some crazy shit from youtube such as newscasts, cartoons, tv shows, etc. Get creative!
-know your music and have many songs to choose from because you won't be playing the song the entire 3-4 minutes!
-use effects and samples.
-Finally, just have fun with it and enjoy yourself!

Mensajes Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 1:17 am
jmavila02 wrote :
The way you mixed those first 2 tracks was not smooth at all bro

I'll be a bit more specific. Your mixing is off key.

In other words, when you blend two tracks, the music from each is clashing. The tracks are out of tune with each other.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you enable the display of key data in the VDJ browser.

Alongside each analysed track you'll see either an number/letter combination (eg 7B) or just letters (eg Cm) that can be used to determine which tracks will fit musically with others. Look up info on the Camelot wheel and mixing in key.

Mixing tracks that are not in key makes for painful listening!

Mensajes Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 3:58 am

Mensajes Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 10:41 am
thank you jmavila02 and groovindj for the useful tips. will keep em in mind

Mensajes Wed 02 Oct 13 @ 10:44 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)