Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Denon 1700 timecode issues....

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Alright, I'm trying to figure this out without having to open a ticket with Denon and/or VDJ. First and foremost, all drivers and firmware are up to date (checked, verified, and re-installed within the last 48 hours), VDJ is version 7.4, and computer well exceeds the recommended requirements of all things involved.

Now to the problem.

I bought the mixer a few months back, but with other work and stuff I haven't really had a chance to set it up much. I did set it up right after I got it, and after about 4-5 hours of fiddling with it I finally got it working with timecode (quality wasn't great, but was about 85%-90%). its been in a closed flight case since.

I took it out for a gig about a month ago, but I had used my RMX since then and had changed the sound settings. When I went to set it up, it kept freezing VDJ. Luckily I brought my RMX as a backup and just swapped them out to do the gig. Got it home, and again...sat in a closed flight case until about 2-3 days ago.

Hook everything up and it was doing the same thing, freezing VDJ. Finally get it to NOT freeze VDJ and read timecode (had to change the USB inputs on the mixer to DVS instead of CH1-1/2, CH2-3/4, CH3-5/6, etc.) however, the timecode quality is HORRIBLE. I have tried both Virtual Vinyl timecodes and Serato timecodes. All records are cleaned and in great condition. My quality bounces all over the place and on several occasions will sit at 0% for a few seconds. The "circles" are good, not a lot of noise in them or anything....they look like they should....but the quality is wretched.

To verify that it was not the records I swapped out the DN-X1700 with my RMX, set it up in timecode, and opened up the timecode config. Perfect quality and signal.... So at this point I am at a loss.....Anyone have any ideas because this is driving me batty. Thanks in advance for your help and if I've left anything out I will try to get as much info to you as possible.

Michael

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 4:44 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
What sound setup are you using?

If you're trying to use advanced mode there seems to be a compatibility issue with the X1600/1700 which causes noise on the inputs which then affects the time code signal. Non-advanced mode works fine.

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 7:25 pm
I am running advanced setup. For regular setup do I run "headphones" or "external mixer"? And is it possible to use it as a four deck mixer if not in the advanced configuration?

Michael

Mensajes Thu 02 Jan 14 @ 8:11 pm
Its working fine now, guess when I get my CD players for my 4 deck rig I will have to run them MIDI.

Next on my list is to figure out this pitch fluctuation issue I've had since day one with timecode when beat matching, that I always just got around by using the pitch faders on my RMX instead.....oh well.

Thanks for the info about the compatibility issue in advanced configuration.

Michael

Mensajes Fri 03 Jan 14 @ 3:55 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)