Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Absolute Beginner Where to Start?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So I am a beginner with DJing. I am very serious about learning how to DJ, but I'm not sure where to start with hardware. I'm currently still learning how to work VDJ, however, I think it would be easier to learn by actually having a piece of hardware to work on instead of just the software. I have NO IDEA where to start looking for hardware. What brand should I be looking at, where should I buy it from, etc etc. Also I'm not sure if I should master using VDJ before I buy any hardware or if I should just buy hardware now and use it to learn all the way through. If someone could please help me with this issue that'd be great ^_^

Mensajes Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 1:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Even though your post should be in our General Forum, since it is not related to any hardware support issue (looks more like a market research), my advice would be to purchase a natively supported midi controller and prefer the ones that come with VirtualDJ LE version, in order to have a working software without cost and discount on upgrade to Pro Full version if you need more features later. Some suggestions can be found in our Hardware page as well.

Selection should depend on your needs (2-4 decks) , your budget and reviews from the Internet. A midi controller with a built-in sound card is also a much better choice, but most of the recently released models do have one.

Mensajes Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 1:52 am
Speaking from my personal experience, I bought A Pioneer DDJ SX and it works great with Virtual DJ.

I personally never used Virtual DJ with A controller for years of owning it, but finally decided to get one a few months back and for me is 100% better than using a mouse. Having control over everything at your finger tips is better than what I thought.

It depends if you want 2 or 4 decks. I went with 4 decks on the DDJ SX and it is great. I thought I would not use them but I find I do with acapellas or loops thrown in.

The pioneer costs around $1200 and does not come with Virtual DJ LE (atleast mine did not). For me is good though because I already had Virtual DJ Pro Full version and it is natively supported so I just plugged and play the DDJ SX.

Also consider the Numark NS II if you want real vinyl feel.

Mensajes Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 5:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you're brand brand new to the game I recommend something cheap, don't go the software option first, get something that looks like a toy, 2 CD decks and a basic mixer all built into one unit (around $100) then start recording short mixes, 30 minutes and play them to anyone who will listen, Then you will know if you want to spend some serious money, also learning old school (beat matching by ear, no waveform) will teach you the fundamentals, then when you start using software it will be unbelievably easy.

Things go wrong for all dj's, it is the good dj's who can bring it back together quickly.

I'm speaking from experience I started on 2 KAM beltdrives (you had to push them to start something like in time) and a 2 channel mixer (no eq ) when I got my 1210's I was laughing how easy it was.

Welcome to the game grasshopper.

Mensajes Sat 11 Jan 14 @ 7:56 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)