Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Recording problem with VMS4.1

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello all of you,

I’m sorry to raise this question again because a lot of this issue has already been published, but the solution is still not clear to me.
I have a VMS4.1 with a PC running VirtualDJ Pro and I want to be able to record while mixing.

Can someone please explain to me in an easy and understandable way how I need to setup and configure my VMS4.1 and VirtualDJ?
Please keep your explanations easy and simple as I am not yet an expert .

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Wies Van Hirtum

Mensajes Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 11:40 am

Mensajes Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 3:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The link above wont be much helpful to your case, as the Limited Edition (LE version) is not offering any Advanced Sound Setup nor any custom settings.
I would advise to follow this way ...http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

which means, connect the Booth Output of the VMS4 with the LineIn or Mic input of your computer (most likely you will need a 2XRCA to minijack cable) and have a 3rd party application (e.g. audacity) to record the Input of your computer

Mensajes Sun 12 Jan 14 @ 4:19 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
and please keep im Mind that if you have no Rec In and you have to use the Mic In, to ajust the recording level of your Mic

Mensajes Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 2:15 pm
Hi, thanks for all your replies!

I tried everything you said, but the problem stays. Changing my settings in Virtual DJ didn't work--> I couldn't hear anything.
Recording with Audacity however DID work, but it was very bad and poor sound quality, despite of setting my booth output into the minimum.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong, because I really tried everything.

Thanks,

Wies

Mensajes Wed 15 Jan 14 @ 10:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As mentioned above, unfortunately the LE version is not offering Advanced Sound Setup, so you will need to use the external way and the Booth Output of the VMS4.
To improve the recording results, you probably a decent USB sound card with proper LineIn Recording socket, instead of the one your computer has.

Mensajes Wed 15 Jan 14 @ 11:35 pm
djdad wrote :
To improve the recording results, you probably (need) a decent USB sound card with proper LineIn

.....or simply use an external audio recorder. Simply Google for digital audio recorder. There are hundreds, at various prices.

You could also look here www.audiorecordershop.be

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 14 @ 4:46 am
Hey guys,

after hours of searching and trying, it finally worked! I changed my ASIO settings and put my VMS4.1 on 8 OUT.

Thanks for all your replies!

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 14 @ 2:36 pm
Wies Van Hirtum wrote :
put my VMS4.1 on 8 OUT.

This was actually one of the first things mentioned in the thread which I provided a link to in my earlier post.

Mensajes Thu 16 Jan 14 @ 3:06 pm
I know, but somehow i could only change deck 1 and 2, not 3 or 4.
I just changed Virtual DJ to 'factory settings', and then I saw deck 3 and 4 appeared.

Mensajes Sun 19 Jan 14 @ 4:39 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
The easiest way would be to use it nearly in the way from above!

Just connect by cable the VMS output with the computer LINE IN.
Be sure your computer soundcard does have a LINEIN!!

Then just use a software like audacity or simular to record the signal!

Mensajes Mon 20 Jan 14 @ 9:20 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
so any issues left...?

Mensajes Tue 21 Jan 14 @ 10:40 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)