Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: What does VDJ use to determine song length?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

When I'm creating playlists, VDJ will occasionally (about 1 song out of 8) not be able to tell how long a particular song is. If I try to play the song, the deck waveform display near the jog wheel shows blank except for what has already played, and time remaining counts down from a total time between 20 and 25 minutes. Then, just before the end (say 3:30 into a 3:35 song), the player will suddenly realize the actual length of the song, and the display snaps into what I would expect to see for the end of a song.

It's obvious that whatever VDJ uses to recognize the length of a song in .mp3 format is missing from these files, but I can't tell what it is. The proper length is in the Length field of the Properties > Details box (Windows machine), so that's not what VDJ is looking for. Sometimes, I can edit the files that aren't being recognized with an mp3 editor, snip about a half second of silence off the end of the song, and save it - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so I 'm at a loss.

If anyone can tell me what is supposed to be in the files so that VDJ can tell how long the songs are, I'd appreciate it. This is really messing with my ability to set the exit mix point for those songs whose lengths aren't' recognized.

Thanks in advance,
BD

Mensajes Sun 18 May 14 @ 4:10 pm

Mensajes Sun 18 May 14 @ 4:58 pm
Thanks for the help. Setting the MaxLoad parameter to 30 minutes seems to have cured the problem.

Wouldn't have thunk of it on my own, as nothing in my set list is over 5:45 in length, so thanks again for pointing out a ready solution.

BD

Mensajes Sun 18 May 14 @ 9:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
On V7 you may run in to the same problem with the first scan of variable bit rate tracks, (because V7 doesn't know if it's going to be a long track at low quality or a shorter track at a higher quality) but once scanned the problem goes away, I can't say for how V8 manages.

Mensajes Mon 19 May 14 @ 6:25 am

Mensajes Mon 19 May 14 @ 11:43 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)