Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Calculated custom loop length script

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think this idea for a script is possible, I haven't ever used a script that calls for a number so am unsure.

Making a custom length loop to beatmatch 2 unbeatmatchable tunes
deck 1 is 120 bpm, deck 2 is 90 bpm
Take the number 60 divide it by deck 1 bpm then you have the length (in time) of a beat of deck 1, take this time (as a variable I'm assuming) and use it to make deck 2 loop for that length,

This seems straight forward
I'll have to query which is the master or non active deck (dependant on the deck count), then get the bpm, save as a variable (called [let's say] bpm), then make a variable called minute (= 60), minute / bpm = variable called time, then 'deck active loop var(time)'

Can anyone help? It's about time I learnt this more complicated aspect of script

For the sake of clarity of the script we'll say deck 1 is master and deck 2 active

Mensajes Fri 30 May 14 @ 5:31 am
not possible unless you use c++. VDJ8 introduced the ability to store numbers, and strings as variables but it's still not capable of what you want. if you play techno|dubstep|trance and either fast funky hiphop or moomba you can set a 0.75 loop on the 140bpm track and a loop on the 105bpm track to produce loops the same size and a 0.75 loops sound great anyway. the calculation you need is:

fastBPM * 0.75 = slowBPM

Aside from the fact that you would have to learn some c++ to do it, I don't think it would sound good, and that's the most important consideration when djing.

Mensajes Fri 30 May 14 @ 9:58 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it's more a quick transition trick for keeping the noise going for charty house to hiphop mixing, It works with experimental triphop and glitch with odd length classical loops too.

I know a bit of C++ from coding my controller so I'll have to dig around the forum for guides.
I know what you mean about 3/4 , the 4:4 brain says 'Huh?' but they work.

Mensajes Fri 30 May 14 @ 12:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)