Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Moving from Win xp to Win 8.1

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mlepekPRO (legacy)Member since 2014
I am finally moving VDJ 7 and my library from XP to Win 8.1 on a new laptop. I have researched moving files to a new computer and understand the location must be exactly the same, but...
In xp the location is C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\VirtualDJ
In 8.1 the location is C:\Users\Mike\Documents\VirtualDJ

I obviously want to retain my playlists, history, cue points, ect. What is the most efficient way to achieve this?

Mensajes Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 1:18 pm
Same for me

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 5:15 am
Simply take a backup of everything within the existing VirtualDJ directory and transfer that content to the same directory (name) on the new PC.

I would suggest installing VDJ 7 to the new PC first, then copying the old folder contents over.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 5:21 am
Thanks for the info. Since the folder names for the default location in Win 8.1 (documents) is different from the default in XP (my documents) do I need to create 3 folders titled, -Documents and Settings - Mike - My Documents, on the C drive of the new laptop running Win 8.1?

In xp the defualt location is C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\VirtualDJ
In 8.1 the default location is C:\Users\Mike\Documents\VirtualDJ

Thanks in advance. I may have answered my own question but would rather be safe than sorry.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 10:29 am
mlepek wrote :
do I need to create 3 folders

No, just copy the contents of the VirtualDJ folder from your old laptop to your new one.

Mensajes Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 11:11 am
Transfer went pretty smooth. Simply copied VDJ folder from my documents(XP) to documents(Win 8.1) I did the same with my library, desktop to desktop. It saved all of my playlists and history, which was most important.
What it did not save was my cue points, not a big deal.. I can reset as I play. I can see the songs in my Content unlimited cache folder but when I refresh the authorization they do not show up in VDJ.

Mensajes Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 10:27 am
Correction. With the help of technical assistance I was able to remedy my missing cue points. It was a user error issue. As I mentioned earlier a simple transfer from XP my documents to 8.1 documents did the trick. Thanks for all the help.

Mensajes Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 10:32 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)