Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Minute markers in waveform?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm not sure if this is already an option but is it possible to see minute markers in the waveform (?) the thing above the turntable. Another DJing software offers this and wanted to know if there was anyway to mirror the effect. Thanks

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 5:00 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You could hotcue every minute but that's about it.

Mensajes Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 5:20 pm
Hi,
Is this still not possible? Traktor DJ Studio 3 had this amazing feature of showing minute markers over the track waveform. It's perfect for measuring visually if the loaded tracks intro's and outro's will match up i.e 1 minute left on deck A and the Deck B intro is exactly one minute long = perfect mix:-)

Mensajes Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 1:04 am
locodog wrote :
You could hotcue every minute but that's about it.

Is it possible to edit the xml to auto add a hot cue at each minute of the loaded track?

Mensajes Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 1:12 am
Can't see the point myself, I one minute into and pressing play when you have one minute left is not going a good mix,

You have the time remain display anyway, and you cue to the one minute point if required

How about a bit if old school here, know your music and use your headphones ????

Sorry in Advance if this reply as come over a little harsh, I have a bee in my bonett at the moment regarding people who want to automate Absolutely everything.....

Mensajes Sat 08 Apr 17 @ 5:25 am
dj_migiHome userMember since 2020
I also would like to have the minute marker.
Would it be that hard to add.
I also come from Traktor.
I would buy your software.
love the new Steam dec

Mensajes Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 6:09 pm
Quote :
for measuring visually if the loaded tracks intro's and outro's will match up i.e 1 minute left on deck A and the Deck B intro is exactly one minute long = perfect mix:-)

Why do you count intros and outros in minutes? The complete audio industry is focused to beats. Intros and outros have 16 beats normally - independend of the BPM speed. The big VDJ waveform is showing these beat markers. The BPM Editor, PIO Editor and Cue editor is showing these beat markers. The loops are counting beats and they are perfectly seamless and synchronized. Automix is doing with beats. Every song part (intros, drops, bridges, outros) have a odd beat pattern (4, 8, 16, 32). Everything works with beats, you should change your way of time measuring...

Mensajes Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 7:31 pm
It is possible to add "minute" markers on a custom skin (I had done it once on one of my own) but it's almost useless for most DJ's
Probably that's why no-one ever copied the code to another skin (and no-one ever asked me again, so it's not something I still include on my skins)
What's really useful is 32 or 64 beat markers. That's also possible, but it's useful only on house / EDM tracks. On any other genre, markers are usually more confusing than helping.
I found that the best solution is to set your own markers manually. VirtualDJ has unlimited cue-points per track capacity, and a special "Marker Only" category.
Therefore on tracks I really need to mark things, I just set "Marker Only" POI's on the place(s) I need them. And I usually color them with one particular color so they stand out.

Mensajes Mon 28 Sep 20 @ 2:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)