Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Tema: Duplicate entries on my display, but not on my hard drive - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

A Man and His Music wrote :
Do you have any of these songs in any playlist?

It doesn't matter if they are or not. Some songs that have never been on a playlist are duplicated, some are not. Some songs that HAVE been on a playlist are duplicated, some are not.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 4:15 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Do you have any of these songs in any playlist?

Some are, some aren't. Songs that have never been in a playlist are duped, some are. Some songs that are in playlists are duped, some aren't.

Mensajes Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 8:42 pm
Can anyone help out with this, please?

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 1:40 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I sent you a private message earlier, but didn't get your database.xml yet to have a look.

Mensajes Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 10:41 pm
Adion wrote :
I sent you a private message earlier, but didn't get your database.xml yet to have a look.

Didn't see the message - zipped and sent, thanks!

Mensajes Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 4:42 am
Ok, at first sight there is no problem with the database itself, it does not contain duplicates.
One of the songs in your first screenshot was Karaoke/SF Sunfly/SFA-SFD/Bananarama - Venus (SFD8013-10).zip
Could you try browsing to Karaoke/SF Sunfly/SFA-SFD and see if it still shows up twice.
Perhaps the problem is only appearing when using recurse?

Mensajes Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 6:25 am
I think I may have found the problem.
It probably only occurred for zip files, and you probably have zip in your fileFormats option.
By default it is not listed there since it is handled by the showZipKaraoke option already.

Mensajes Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 10:05 am
Adion wrote :
I think I may have found the problem.
It probably only occurred for zip files, and you probably have zip in your fileFormats option.
By default it is not listed there since it is handled by the showZipKaraoke option already.

And I think you led me to the problem/solution!

I went into Options and typed ZIP in the Search field. 3 options came up:
fileFormats
getTagFromZip
showZipKaraoke

I remembered that, while diagnosing another bug, I added "zip" to the fileFormats field. I took "zip" out and voila, the duplicates went away! So apparently you can cause a duplicate of every .zip file to show up by adding "zip" to the fileFormats field.

(The previous bug was where .zip files dragged in from the Finder wouldn't show video - all other formats worked, so we tried adding "zip" there to see if that would fix it. It didn't, but it caused my .zip files to be duplicated).

Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 1:11 pm
Hello everyone,

I have the same problem, but on my machine it happens with mkv-video-files.
Get 2 or 3 entries for the same mkv-files.
Any idea ?

System: Windows 7-PC
Built: 2177

Greetings
Ragman

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 3:10 am
I found some mp4-Files with double entries, too

Now Build 2179

Mensajes Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 4:13 am
vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Just an FYI that after upgrading to VDJ 8 I'm seeing this same thing... some video files are showing up in the browser twice. Same exact file name and path. I'll keep looking into this to see if I can find out why.

Mensajes Tue 21 Mar 17 @ 11:36 pm
vjboy wrote :
Just an FYI that after upgrading to VDJ 8 I'm seeing this same thing... some video files are showing up in the browser twice. Same exact file name and path. I'll keep looking into this to see if I can find out why.

I had the same issue, not when searching in my music folder but when using the filter folders.
There I had duplicate entries.
I solved it by selecting all parent folders* with the same name and remove them from batch> remove from search DB.
To double check all duplicates are gone, you can use the filter folders to check.
Normally these filter folders should now be empty as you cleared your full database.
Afterwards I selected my parent folder again and added to database search batch>add search DB.
Now the duplicate are gone.
*I have all my music in "my music" folder but it is showing multiple times in Virtual DJ; under favorites, volumes, local music, ...
Over time, I would one not always the same "folder" so this caused VDJ to start showing duplicates.

Mensajes Thu 23 Jun 22 @ 3:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)