Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: How to mix Acapella Countdown with Drop?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have used Virtual DJ for over a year now and have the beatmatching and mixing pretty much down. But I am totally stuck on how to mix an acapella with the song I am mixing. If any of you are familier, I am trying to mix Hardwell's new song "United We Are" with the Acapella "Countdown" also by Hardwell right before the beat drops. I cannot get the acapella to match like how hardwell does it in this video. Any tips? Check out this link at minute 4:30
http://youtu.be/rhUvo4xj2oU

Mensajes Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 1:45 pm
Solution 1: The Hardwell style
Edit the countdown so that "10" to "7" have double the space in between so you have that buildup like him from 6 downwards.
Then just sync the BPM and play it at the same time he did and tada! It's the same as his ^^

Solution 2: The cooler but more advanced DJ-style
You don't have to edit the vocals, you can do it all inside VirtualDJ.
Place at least 4 hot cues on the 9, 8, 7 and 6.
Then sync the BPM so that the countdown matches every second beat.
Here comes the skill:
Go to the ten and hit play when the countdown should start.
But as you might guess the 9 comes too early so you put the volume slider of the deck down.
Now as the 9 should arrive, you press the hot cue for 9 at the same time you take the slider up again.
Do the same for 8 and 7.
When you play 6 you don't turn the volume down because you want to continue the countdown with the original speed (as in Hardwell's version).
And then you have your super-fancy-cool, on-the-fly mixed countdown =D

Solution 3: Sampler
Cut, edit, sample to the beat.
I think i don't have to explain it :D

I did it the second way and i am not a real DJ yet nor a mixing pro so i can tell you it's easy to do :D
I hope i could help you!

Regards, Daniel

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 3:12 pm
Thank you very much for that. The first solution seems very interesting and I want to learn how to do that. The second solution could always work too!

Mensajes Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 3:15 pm
You just take the countdown to your audio editor of choice (Audacity can do that and it's free if you don't have other software) and cut the numbers into pieces and seperate them.
I recommend you putting in the song as well so you can align the vocals perfectly to the beat how you want it.
Then you mute the song, save the audio file and you have your customized countdown.

Mensajes Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 6:05 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)