Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 9

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Does anybody have any updates on this whole groove shark issue?? I am new to the industry and was relying on the content unlimited service to help me create a good reputation of having any track. Where else can I get good music without paying silly money.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:21 am
Hipsta wrote :
Regarding using Spotify instead of CU: I was reading in the Spotify forums and saw someone asking about using the music offline; Spotify support stated that yes, you can listen offline to the songs you download, but cannot use them in any other program other that the Spotify "client". In other words, Spotify and VDJ will not jive together.

Its funny because I have 2 iPad programs and you can load SPOTIFY music.. Not stream, but load it in.. I do not know if it would allow downloaded saved files as I dont download files with the spotify app...

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 7:38 am
funtime discos wrote :
Does anybody have any updates on this whole groove shark issue?? I am new to the industry and was relying on the content unlimited service to help me create a good reputation of having any track. Where else can I get good music without paying silly money.

you should have a nice library for the type of music you need for the EVENT before taking an event.. NEVER rely on streaming services as your only source!!!

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 8:08 am
That is why experienced Djs are getting peed off. I have spent literally tens of thousands of pounds on music since 1994 and now someone can come along and undercut you for 10 dollars a month.

I know time moves on but it still gets me that people are taking gigs and relying on this type of service.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 9:17 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 11:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 11:51 am
Apple and their Beats brand have a lot to do with this. They are even going after Spotify.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 1:17 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
A Man and His Music wrote :
Apple and their Beats brand have a lot to do with this. They are even going after Spotify.

I hadn't read things linking to that. Do you have any sources or links with more information on the law suits?

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 1:25 pm

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 1:28 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
That is why experienced Djs are getting peed off. I have spent literally tens of thousands of pounds on music since 1994 and now someone can come along and undercut you for 10 dollars a month.

I know time moves on but it still gets me that people are taking gigs and relying on this type of service.

EXACTLY... I see too many people on this thread and on the FaceBook threat who say they need this service for their music and are lost because its no longer there.. WHY??? I also spend a LOT of money each month to make sure I have whats needed and DO NOT rely on the CU except for an ad request... You SHOULD NOT be a DJ if you cannot afford music. Heck, I had someone ask to work for me.. when I asked where they get there music and is it clean, they told me LIMEWIRE and TORRENTS as they could not afford to purchase music. I told them I could not have someone doing something illegal working for me ... They didnt like that. Plus they were undercutting my prices to get gigs....

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 1:36 pm
djqwikcut wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

EXACTLY... I see too many people on this thread and on the FaceBook threat who say they need this service for their music and are lost because its no longer there.. WHY??? I also spend a LOT of money each month to make sure I have whats needed and DO NOT rely on the CU except for an ad request... You SHOULD NOT be a DJ if you cannot afford music. Heck, I had someone ask to work for me.. when I asked where they get there music and is it clean, they told me LIMEWIRE and TORRENTS as they could not afford to purchase music. I told them I could not have someone doing something illegal working for me ... They didnt like that. Plus they were undercutting my prices to get gigs....

.........I concur.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 1:40 pm
Will this license agreement stoppage give you an error when downloading music off the content! I am getting the "device support" icon for the album cover and it won't download any of the content when I put in a song name!

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 2:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
that's correct, CNET will have V7.4.3 update soon.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 2:25 pm
Net search is no longer working. Those 15 million songs though....They came in handy I tell you.

To all those who are barking at the newbies who rely on CU you gotta remember to be nice to your fellow DJs.

I started "DJing" almost 4 years ago and CU got me started when I did not have anyone to guide me in this business. I slowly started to comprehend that CU was not a good source to obtain all my music. I know use multiple sources to get my music like public libraries for older stuff and record pools for newer clean stuff.

All I'm saying is that we all start somewhere and if you're not here to help or contribute then go bark at another tree. smh!

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 2:29 pm
iamsongPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I may get flamed for this, and it's been said already: As a Professional Disc Jockey, I have always maintained a current legal music library. I remain a subscriber to CU, and will continue to do so (I use it to fill gaps for unique requests made at events, as well as for requests on a weekly internet radio show I do). If the demise of GrooveShark, and temporary reduction to the use of NetSearch only hurts your business; you planned poorly!

dancesoundsdisco wrote :
Shouldn't a DJ actually have music?

I think that says it all!

ContentUnlimited was never intended to be a primary source for music, with that in mind, here's a thought: What would happen to your business if (god forbid) something catastrophic happened to Atomix/VirtualDJ as a company? If you don't own your own catalog, you wont have a paddle or even a boat to navigate the creek you'll find yourself in. Spend the money and time so your business is as bulletproof as it can be.

My fiddy cents worth (inflation!)

Cheers!

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 2:38 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
jmavila02 wrote :
Net search is no longer working.

Netsearch does work in current builds of the software.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 2:53 pm
I'm also new at this and starting to build my library. BUT does this even work anymore as I am getting billed for it.. It seems I can't search and get anything anymore...
Any news or ideas?
Thanks

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 2:55 pm
latest build of 8 and latesy build of 7 has net search working.. I used it this past weekend...

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 3:03 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
CaptainRon wrote :
I'm also new at this and starting to build my library. BUT does this even work anymore as I am getting billed for it.. It seems I can't search and get anything anymore...
Any news or ideas?
Thanks

Billing has been suspended while a solution is worked out.
Netsearch works with the current build of v8 and 7.
Reading through this thread from the beginning should help with other questions you may have.

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 3:06 pm
and I dont care if you just started to DJ.. if you RELIED on CU for your music, even while you were gathering a library, and has gigs that relied on music you didnt have, you should not be DJING... I dont care if anyone says to be nice on here.. I am sorry as CU will be fixed when it is fixed... deal with it....

Mensajes Wed 06 May 15 @ 3:09 pm
37%