Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Best VDJscript tips and commands?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Vona12Home userMember since 2015
Hi there,
I quite like computer code and I've been playing with the VDJscript as I've not found many good resources online. I think it's a great tool which really sets VDJ apart so it's worth knowing.

I use - and = for pitch bend like this:
var "pitchdown_var" ? pitch_reset : var "shift" ? key_lock : pitch_bend -3% 150ms & toggle "pitchup_var"
var "pitchup_var" ? pitch_reset : var "shift" ? pitch_range "6,10,16,50,100" +1 : pitch_bend +3% 150ms & toggle "pitchdown_var"

This means that they work exactly like normal pitch bend keys (the bold bit) but if you press both at the same time they reset the pitch to default.

I use [ and ] for goto +4 and goto -4 which skips back or forward one bar. It's really useful if you've mis-timed a mix and need to adjust it while you're playing to the live channel?

I'd love if other people wanted to share some tips, this part of the software seems so versatile!

Mensajes Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 9:43 pm
I can't edit my post so I'll quote from this comment here:

When I'm not actively listening I listen to my collection on automix - you can set it to use a key to set the automix point for next time:

set_mixpoint "EndFade"

you could use: "StartTempo", "EndTempo", "StartCut", "EndCut", "StartFade", "EndFade"

Mensajes Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 10:56 pm
Turns out you need to put while_pressed on the end of those pitch button commands to make sure they only toggle each other while being pressed.

Mensajes Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 12:09 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)