Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Strange thing with Danish letters in history playlists

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've noticed that danish letters in tracks get a little strange in history playlists
The letters looks ok and the tracks work fine as long as you use the playlists in VDJ
But if I open the playlists in another program like Winamp or WMP, it's doesn't understand them when VDJ created the playlist
If I then add another track in winamp with a Danish letter in that, that track is understood both by VDJ and Winamp/WMP

The playlist text looks like this in a text editor when VDJ has build it:

#EXTVDJ:<time>08:14</time><lastplaytime>1496211283</lastplaytime><filesize>5349570</filesize>
C:\privat\iPod\Hits\Hits M - N\Nærmest lykkelig.MP3

If I then open it in WinAmp it looks like this (and can't play the track):

It then looks like this in a text editor when Winamp has added the same track again, which works in both programs:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Nærmest lykkelig
\privat\iPod\Hits\Hits M - N\Nærmest lykkelig.MP3
#EXTINF:332,Ukendt - Nærmest lykkelig
\privat\iPod\Hits\Hits M - N\Nærmest lykkelig.MP3

I've tested it with latest public build (b3734) and an older public build (b3696) both on Win7

Anything I can do so that the special characters will translate ok in playlists between VDJ and WinAmp/WMP?

EDIT: If I simply open the VDJ generated playlists in notepad, and save them again without changing anything, they work in Winamp (though, not in Windows Media Player).
So maybe it's a character setting thing on the file? I'm not sure. But now I have a workaround :)

Mensajes Wed 31 May 17 @ 6:43 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Winamp is not seeing that the m3u is stored as utf-8. You could try to rename it to m3u8, which I have seen used sometimes to indicate that it is stored as utf-8.

Mensajes Wed 31 May 17 @ 8:57 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)