Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Write Camelot Key to Tag

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi community,

is there an option to write the camelot key to the tag of the mp3?
I know i can switch the shown Key on my skin, e.g. between F an 07B.
So it should be possible to write the 07B to the tag of the file?

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 8:58 am
I don't believe it's possible but you could write it back to the comments tag, I know it's a work around but that's all that can be done for now I believe.

I could be wrong though.

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 17 @ 7:50 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Why do you need that? Camelot key is just a translation of the real key in an easy "understanding" way. So you don't need to save both.

Mensajes Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 12:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Why do you need it on the file tag?, the vdj database has a harmonic field

Mensajes Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 4:08 pm
If he's like me he might use different software.

I'd also like to see this switched up but it's not that big of a deal for me.

Mensajes Sat 29 Jul 17 @ 7:27 pm
To be honest though I love the fact that VirtualDj respects ID3V2.3 (or greater) standards.
The ID3V2.3 protocol expects that in the key field the data are stored as... musical key!
This means that any software that reads this field can understand the frame's data.
If VirtualDj was to store camelot value instead of musical key, then a lot of other software could have trouble reading it.

Mensajes Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 4:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Could writing the harmonic in comments be a solution? It feels like regex could do that but I'm hazy on what the formula would be.

Mensajes Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 1:32 pm
VirtualDj shows both Musical Key and Camelot.
For other software I guess you could use a Tag Editor to copy the "Key" field on another field and then do some simple "search & replace" (no need for Regex here)

Mensajes Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 2:18 pm
I used MixedInKey for many years, even before VDJ started natively analysing for the Camelot Key.

Up til a year ago I used to store the Camelot Key in the comments field. It was easy to display the comments field in the browser and sort on that field for harmonic mixing. I used to modify the skin I was using to display the comment field in the players instead of the native Camelot Key to show the key of the current song playing. In the early days I even had the Camelot wheel as my desktop wallpaper.

Two things have happened;

VDJ and MiK results are mostly the same now since VDJ has had many improvements on analysing songs.

Also, I switched from 38 years DJing in nightclubs (the last 15 years Professionally) to working in an Hotel chain doing mostly weddings, corporate functions, Christmas parties. etc. where I rarely get the chance to do harmonic mixing. I'm an 'Organic DJ' (nice term) where it's all commercial music and due to requests the musical direction changes regularly.

VirtualDJ does an excellent job and I don't find any real benefit using MiK anymore. Just my opinion.

Mensajes Sun 30 Jul 17 @ 9:00 pm
I just think it boils down to this (my opinion) it's easier uso g the Camelot key then then musical key.

If you are a trained musician then you understand the musical keys how they work.

Mensajes Mon 31 Jul 17 @ 2:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Your best bet would be to request this feature from the other software you want to use.
How the key is displayed doesn't have to be the same as how it is stored in the file, but how it is stored in the file is specified by the id3 specifications as mentioned before.

Mensajes Mon 31 Jul 17 @ 2:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)