Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Freezing Up & Crashing - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SPECS & HARDWARE:
Win 10 (Latest Oct 2017) / Numark NS7FX/NS7II/NS7111.
Numark Latest Drivers & Firmware (From Numark Website)
Asus Rouge. 1 TB/16GB Ram/8GB Dedicated Video/Corei7.
Latest Drivers Installed From Asus & Windows.
Toshiba Convio 2TB External HD.
VDJ 8.2 (Latest Build Oct 2017)

Problem:
Freezing up and completely crashing 6 to 8 times in a 4 hour period.
This happens playing mp4 & mp3's. Most times the current track will
play out but everything else in VDJ is frozen.
Platter on the NS7 will still spin, however a new track can not be loaded.
Sometimes closing out VDJ fixes it for a bit, other times, it freezes to the point
that VDJ won't even close, nothing responds and it won't even close via Windows task manager.
At this point I have to reboot the laptop.

Problem began after the last major Windows 10 update back in August 2017.
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10 no issues, windows update August, & VDJ 8.2 Build update, nothing but constant
freezes and crashes.

Problems happens on all 3 NS7 controllers.

What I Have already tried:
Fresh install of VDJ & Numark Drivers, ordered a new USB (from Numark)
Lowered the latency. Changed page refresh rate, set external drives not to sleep.
Alotted more video memory. Allowed VDJ & Numark in Windows firewall.
Turned off Wifi, Bluetooth & Internet.

Nothing helped. Finally tried:
Fresh Windows 10 install, updated bios & drivers.
Fresh VDJ 8.2 install, installed Numark drivers directly from their site.
Ran windows driver's updates, updated video and audio drivers.

Only programs installed are VDJ & Numark drivers, I did not even download
anti virus software.

No help, same problem, freezing and crashing 6 to 8 times a gig.

Please help!
Thank you!

Mensajes Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 7:57 pm
GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It's happened to me too. It's about 3 weeks of gig that with wifi completly disabled, VDJ don't freeze. If you don't need wifi connectivity, try it.

Mensajes Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 8:41 am
I have tried disabling WIFI, no help, however, what is the point of paying for content Unlimited if I need to shut off WIFI to use VDJ?
Just syin :)

Mensajes Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 7:33 pm
jucenicPRO InfinityMember since 2012
It looks like Window 10 problem. Try with other computer

Mensajes Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 6:19 am
GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012

Mensajes Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 6:55 am
Kempy61PRO SubscriberMember since 2019
my laptop freezes to the point i have to crash it and re boot anyone got a fix for this yet seems a few other people having the same problem

Mensajes Wed 27 Dec 17 @ 2:19 am
had the same problem I have turned of my wifi and have not had the problem. but your right why pay for the unlimited if you can't use the wifi....its very weird

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 1:12 am
This original post is dated in Oct. Please do not assume that you have the same issue, unless you know for sure that you are on the same exact build. I have no idea which build you guys are using. Please be specific about your issue. If it has nothing to do with the original post, please start a new one, thank you.

Mensajes Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 3:11 am
I just purchased a new pioneer controller DDJ-SR2. Had issues getting this new controller to even work with VDJ but after getting the new drivers it now works. Problem is, playing tracks, the program will just freeze sporadically. After a few seconds, it will start playing again. Running this on my PC with windows 10 and it always ran perfect with my older pioneer controller the DDJSB2. Hard to believe it is anything to do with my PC since it ran fine with my other controller.

This issue seems very similar to the original posters so that is why I am also posting here. Seems most of the freeze issues is with video but mine is playing regular tracks.

Any suggestions?

Mensajes Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 2:25 pm
newmskiHome userMember since 2005
I had a very similar issue with the latest public build of Virtual DJ, where I was playing a video (.mp4 format) and Virtual DJ froze completely, couldn't access task manager at all, I contacted support upon the issue, but they advised to check for latest drivers for my laptop:

Hi,
i'm so sorry but we haven't received a crash report and so i believe the crash wasn't inside VDJ.

Please be so kind and contact your computer brand support and download/install all the latest driver.
If you have connected a Midi controller too, please also contact your controller brand support page to get the latest driver and firmware.

After that please try it again :-)

Kind regards

I do always check for the latest drivers as I too work in an I.T. related envirnoment but there are no firmware updates though for the Numark Mixtrack Pro2 controller.

The specs of my laptop:

HP windows 10 64bit, AMD a12-9700 Radeon R7 graphics, 8gig ram etc.
Model of laptop: hp-15-ba043na
Controller: Numark Mixtrack Pro 2

I reverted back to the previous public build, 3967.1352 as luckily I had my tablet with me also connected to the mixer so I managed to use the Cross DJ app whilst I reverted Virtual DJ back to: 3967.1352.

Though now, I've not had it freeze on me since then, but, it does sometimes use around 620mb of ram (Virtual DJ) then it will drop, as I keep task manager open but minimized. I also disable bluetooth, wifi card, mcafee, also use the app that is on here to disable other parts of Windows (forgotten the correct name but it does work good!) but occasions, the bars to show the wave stutters/slows up instead of showing smooth.

The fps I've left as the default setting.

*Edit: this is the app I use too, works a treat: New PC-Optimizer - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/214698/addons/New_PC-Optimizer.html?page=1

Mensajes Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 5:57 pm
drbones2nd wrote :
I just purchased a new pioneer controller DDJ-SR2. Had issues getting this new controller to even work with VDJ but after getting the new drivers it now works. Problem is, playing tracks, the program will just freeze sporadically. After a few seconds, it will start playing again. Running this on my PC with windows 10 and it always ran perfect with my older pioneer controller the DDJSB2. Hard to believe it is anything to do with my PC since it ran fine with my other controller.

This issue seems very similar to the original posters so that is why I am also posting here. Seems most of the freeze issues is with video but mine is playing regular tracks.

Any suggestions?

I will ask again, which build of VirtualDJ are you using? I am using the SR2 and SB2 and do not have these issues.

Mensajes Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 9:38 am
I had a complete crash and freeze last night. Playing a video I have played hundreds of times before I went to drag another track to the other deck and everything froze. PC wouldn't respond at all however the track kept playing out so I had to run upstairs and swap over to the background system and do a full reboot. Bit of a PITA because I lost my automix list which included some requests I couldn't remember afterwards.

Seems I'm not the only one who has experienced this lately so I'm going to go back to an older build until this is resolved. I don't think it's a Windows issue as my DJ laptop is ultra reliable and I haven't changed any drivers or updated Windows for some time now.

Windows 8.1
VDJ 8.2b4032
Denon MC6000 Wasapi

Doubt there will be a crash log as the whole machine froze up. I had a look in the Windows logs and the only thing there was a report saying the previous shutdown was unexpected.

Mensajes Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 7:06 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
drbones2nd wrote :

Any suggestions?

I will ask again, which build of VirtualDJ are you using? I am using the SR2 and SB2 and do not have these issues.

To be honest..I am not sure what version it is. Just followed the instructions the tech support told me to do. Here is what I did which did end up getting the SR2 to work.

The SR2 was only recently added in version BUILD 3967. You can go here to download and install: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

I also had to download the driver from pioneer.

Update: increasing the ASIO driver settings did help with the crashing issue. This was also suggested by tech support.

The issue I have now is when I first boot up VDJ and turn on the controller, load a track, it just freezes. Have to close the program and reopen it some times 2 subsequent times to get it to work.

Mensajes Mon 08 Jan 18 @ 2:47 pm
New controller still having issues. Now getting sporadic static in the sound. Hooked up my old Pioneer DDJSB2 and it worked perfectly. Wondering if this is an issue with my new DDJSR2 or perhaps the VDJ program. Frustrating.

Mensajes Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 4:23 pm
I'm hoping not to think myself because I want to try and help. As for external sound cards, I changed from the cheap red and white RCA's to Gold Plated Premium about 3 weeks it been and not once has VJ crashed since after the RCA change. Couldn't believe it!!!

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 6:29 am
djprimo4real wrote :
I'm hoping not to think myself because I want to try and help. As for external sound cards, I changed from the cheap red and white RCA's to Gold Plated Premium about 3 weeks it been and not once has VJ crashed since after the RCA change. Couldn't believe it!!!

This post is old
Probably none of the discussed software are still in use
- Not the same win10 updates
- Not the same VDJ builds

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 6:36 am
DJTORR3ZControlleristMember since 2016
I HAVE THE SANE PROBLEM...
I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING.. SINCE I DID THE LATEST UPDATE IS BEEN FREEZING ON ME.. IF THIS HELP YOU GUYS...
THIS IS WHAT I DO
IF IM IN A GIG AND IT FREEZES ON ME . I GO TO THE (INSTALL/Uninstall) ON ME COMPUTER
AND I RIGHT CLICK THE VIRTUAL DJ AND PRESS FIX PROGRAM..

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 11:59 am
Hi All! I am just getting started with the VJD8. I fired the program up for the first time today. Brand new TV...Brand new Wiring...Macbook Pro. My macbook plays on the TV seamlessly when not using VDJ program. As soon as I go through VDJ8 the videos freeze. The audio continues...but the video will stop and start. This process started today at 7am. It is now 12 hours later. I have spent all day on these threads and the frustration is growing as there seems to be no solution. I have a video requirement at a gig in two weeks and am seriously freaking out now! What is really strange is that the videos seem to play well only on one side of the deck...weird. What that tells me is that it is not anything in my video card or specs. I have reduced it to the VDJ program as it is playing fine all other ways into the TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mensajes Sat 08 Sep 18 @ 11:16 pm
DJTORR3ZControlleristMember since 2016
I DID THE NEW UPDATE! AND IT JUST KEEPS GETYING WORST! NOW IS EVERYTIME I CHANGE A SONG IT FREEZES!!!

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 18 @ 12:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you try if setting useDXVA to no in options makes a difference?

Mensajes Sun 09 Sep 18 @ 4:51 am
83%