Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: How to map controller to adjust master volume?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

garyc777ControlleristMember since 2015
Hey I have a pioneer controller, the ddj-sb and the master volume control on the controller does nothing.
I've looked in the key mappings in the options of virtual dj and can't find how to assign this dial to the master volume, can anybody help please?
I am able to assign it to something in the options labelled as 'volume' (or any other function) but this seems to only make the dial adjust the upfaders which is not my desired result. Although this does indicate the software recognises the master volume dial, I can't get it to adjust the virtual dj setting of 'master volume'.

How do I bind the virtual DJ setting of 'master volume' to a dial on my controller?

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 8:56 pm
All you need to map is master_volume

Not familiar with that controller but some controller master volumes are hardware based and if so they can't be mapped in VDJ for obvious reasons.

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 8:59 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
All you need to map is master_volume

Not familiar with that controller but some controller master volumes are hardware based and if so they can't be mapped in VDJ for obvious reasons.

I can't see the master_volume bit anywhere, it's all in alphabetical order and the M section is literally all just MANUALLOOP_PAD1, pad 2 etc.

I'm pretty sure the dial can be mapped as I can map it to a whole bunch of other things that are listed in the mapping section. For example like I said if I map it to volume, turning the master volume dial then moves the fader up and down.
It's almost like the master_volume bit is just missing from my list.

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 9:04 pm
if that knob is mappable i am sure the factor default mapping has it mapped have you tried that?

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 9:07 pm
wickedmix wrote :
if that knob is mappable i am sure the factor default mapping has it mapped have you tried that?

I am on the default mapping, the only time I've ever touched the mapping section is today when I've tried to get it working and even after that I reset it back to default right away.
Is it possible whoever made the mapping at virtual dj just left out this button by mistake?
I assume because the knob is mappable to other buttons, it should be mappable to master volume too?

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 9:22 pm
ok so it is clear you haven't read the vdj ddj-sb manual here is a quote

MASTER LEVEL: Adjust the level of the Master Sound Output. The knob is not controlling the Master Output level of the software (hardware operation), thus it will not move the corresponding knob in the VirtualDJ GUI.

i suggest you follow the link here and review the rest of the manual as well :-)

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsb/mixer.html

Mensajes Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 10:13 pm
didn't read through all replies but your master is likely a hardware master meaning that it will hardware control the audio output of the master output on your controller. since you optimally wanna use that one for the best quality in most situations just leave VDJ's master at full volume when doing so. also note that a bunch of controllers don't act as inputs with a microphone and just mix it with the hardware output so you might not be able to use a mic with your controller if you're not using it's master output.

Mensajes Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 2:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)