Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: "database is currupted " message when plug in SD card to computer

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i updated windows, and VDJ recently
and now for the past week or so, any time i plug in an external device, virtual dj tells me a message saying "database is corrupted, do you want to fix it"
but these external drives are nothing to do with virtual dj, i dont have any database on them, nor do i want to.

is this a new bug? or can i do something to make it stop?

thanks

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 4:16 pm
Check the drive(s) in question and if there's a "VirtualDJ" folder on their root, delete it

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 4:55 pm
Also, dependent on your settings if you browse songs on an external drive within VDJ it will automatically create a database.

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 4:57 pm
theres no database on these cards, and i never browsed them with VDJ

what happens is windows will open a new window automatically, but i dont know why VDJ is reacting at all

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 4:59 pm
Try inserting the drives first then start VDJ to see what happens.

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 5:01 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Try inserting the drives first then start VDJ to see what happens.

the message still comes up

it prevents VDJ from loading until i click "no" to fixing the database (the non-existent database)

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 7:00 pm
this happens weather i put an SD card from my camera, or if i put a USB key into the computer

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 7:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What happens if you select "Yes" to fix ? Does the same error come back next time ?

Not sure on what other cases the same error message comes up, but i would also check if the Drive has any write protection or write permissions that prevent VDJ from "fixing" something

VDJ has an option to ignore Drives. Search Options for ignoreDrives (default 0 : none)
To ignore Drive E, the value should be 16 ( source : http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/RegistryValues.html - its for ver 7 registries but the same valus should apply for this ver 8 setting as well)

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 9:49 pm
djdad wrote :
What happens if you select "Yes" to fix ? Does the same error come back next time ?

Not sure on what other cases the same error message comes up, but i would also check if the Drive has any write protection or write permissions that prevent VDJ from "fixing" something

VDJ has an option to ignore Drives. Search Options for ignoreDrives (default 0 : none)
To ignore Drive E, the value should be 16 ( source : http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/RegistryValues.html - its for ver 7 registries but the same valus should apply for this ver 8 setting as well)

hmmm , i never selected the option "yes" because i didnt want to interfere with anything, especially interfere with my current database file.
i would not like to have it ignore drives either though, because i do occasionally need it to access an external usb drive, for example, when a DJ collegue wants to do an event with me, sometimes we share the same computer and he operates off a USB

now, that just brings to mind, we did this about 2 weeks ago, could it be because he worked off a USB drive that time, this has caused VDJ to think there is a database on any drive which has the same letter or something? im not sure, i thought we were operating off the one Database file, ie: mine

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 10:51 pm
click YES

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 10:55 pm
The warning box should say that the database is corrupt, I think it is missing a further part to the message: ''The database is missing'' i.e ''The database is corrupt or Missing''.
Since you connected an external drive previously, VDJ is looking for it.
So wickedmix is right, click ''Yes'' and it should go away as it will find nothing and not search in the future.
It cannot affect your normal locations of files as it is not looking at them in this case.

Mensajes Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 11:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)