Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: AKAI AMX only getting use as soundcard, faders/volume. nothing else works

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi there,

I am having a terrible issue with AKAI AMX Mixer, I am using timecode and the turntables and the software is working brilliantly, the AKAI is recognised in Virtual DJ and is set to soundcad using the settings virtual DJ advised, ie master 1 & 2 headphones 3 & 3 timecode 1 - 1 & 2 and timecode 2 is 3 & 4 , the issue is the controller buttons don't work, none of them, only the soundcard part of it works,and the lights light up. I have tried to set it to DVS using the DVS buttons, nothing works, when i touch the decks the headphones switch as per the software, the software switches decks with the fader but the controller fader and all other knocks and faders don't work at all, please help, is there something I am missing ??? I am a virtual dj pro subscriber

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 6:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What do you see in VDJ Settings -> controllers tab besides keyboard ? If the Akai is there, see if you have set it to ignore by mistake

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 6:53 pm
I did look at this setting, thanks for reply BTW, I click show compatible controllers and it says keyboard, I am confused as to why ity is not showing, it shows in audio and is the soundcard but the buttons faders and knobs are non functional, I haven't change to ignore but if that is the case how would I unchange it please ?

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 6:56 pm
Don't click to show the entire list. If the unit is detected it should there along with keyboard and the "factory default" available as a choice in the mapping list

Btw, have you installed drivers for the Akai ?

Have you tried different usb port/cable ?

Do you see the device in device manager under "video games ..." .?

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 7:00 pm
I installed the asio drivers yes, it is listed in device manager, it only works as a soundcard, so fed up :o(

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 7:08 pm
its a brand new cable that came with it, I will try a different one now then another for good measure, am tearing my hair out here

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 7:09 pm
I have tried 3 different usb cables and all different usb ports, nothing works but the soundcard part of it, the mixer wont show up in the controllers part, it only shows up in audio, am really fed up now

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 7:37 pm
Could be a faulty unit.

Have you tried with Serato ?

Have you tried with a different computer (if available) ?

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 18 @ 9:06 pm
I saw this on another forum, I can't verify if it's true but hopefully this will help:

Hi, I had the same issue and I found out that it is caused by the fact that the Akai AMX drivers are not 'digitally signed'.

To make it work, you have to disable enforcement of digitally signed drivers by Windows (10) by rebooting while holding the SHIFT key and choose for 'Trouble shoot'. Under advanced settings, you will find 'disable enforcement of signed drivers'. I hope this helps.

BTW, after every Windows update or reboot, you'll need to change the setting again

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 3:36 am
Hi,

I have no idea how to use Serato, the interface is basic and terrible and I have no clue how to get the decks on display or anything in it, its a truly horrid program, really bad tbh, the driver I have is digitally signed and I managed to solve the issue and get the mixer working but I don't know if its going to recognize it when i log on again, could have more issues of it recognizing the device in controllers again.

I am however experiencing other strange issues, the fader when halfway between two tracks, in a mix , goes very muffled and quiet and when I move it fully bac k to deck 1 again it gets a lot louder, that's issue 1, isssue 2 is odd, the fader has x reverse and it keeps switching back and forth by itself, one minute its fine then the next time I open VDJ and the fader is all the way to the left it is playig the deck on the right and I have to change the x reverse switch, then without changing the switch again it will reverse all by itself again, thats issue 2, issue 3 is the constant fluctuation of BPM intimecode, keeps going up and down, manually mix it and it goes up and down constantly and so does the other deck too, even when sync is pressed, they will be at 85bpm then stay ok for a few seconds then start drifting and train wrecking in a few seconds, I will disable clear sound and use smart mode and will adjust the pitch sensitivity to 800, then 1000, then 2000, then 2500 and see what helps , I am having a bad time of it though and will not be able to mix properly if this drifting keeps happening, feel like I have wasted a grand now :o( , thanks for the advice guys

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 6:58 am
DJ Ruffstuff wrote :
...and I managed to solve the issue and get the mixer working ....
How did you manage to make it work ?

DJ Ruffstuff wrote :
...the fader when halfway between two tracks, in a mix , goes very muffled and quiet and when I move it fully bac k to deck 1 again it gets a lot louder, that's issue 1,
The default crossfader curve is "smooth", meaning that it gets quieter in the middle. If you want both decks to sound loud at the middle, perhaps try the "Full" crossfader curve (from VDJ Settings-->CrossfaderCurve setting)

DJ Ruffstuff wrote :
. isssue 2 is odd, the fader has x reverse and it keeps switching back and forth by itself, one minute its fine then the next time I open VDJ and the fader is all the way to the left it is playig the deck on the right and I have to change the x reverse switch, then without changing the switch again it will reverse all by itself again, thats issue 2,
Probably the unit doesnt report the Xfader Reverse switch position on start-up and VDJ initializes with the default (not reversed). Will take a look if there is anything we can do about that, but if its the above, i am afraid, you will have to switch back n forth the switcher when you start VDJ in order to read its position.

DJ Ruffstuff wrote :
.issue 3 is the constant fluctuation of BPM intimecode, keeps going up and down, manually mix it and it goes up and down constantly and so does the other deck too, even when sync is pressed, they will be at 85bpm then stay ok for a few seconds then start drifting and train wrecking in a few seconds, I will disable clear sound and use smart mode and will adjust the pitch sensitivity to 800, then 1000, then 2000, then 2500 and see what helps , I am having a bad time of it though and will not be able to mix properly if this drifting keeps happening, feel like I have wasted a grand now :o( , thanks for the advice guys

Using SYNC with timecode is not the best practice, meaning that the speed of the TT is what defines the playback speed and if your TT cant keep an absolutely constant speed (so drifts), you may get tracks out of sync in time

BTW, i have noticed in your account stats that you are trying with several Audio setups and most of times use WASAPI. I would suggest to use the ASIO drivers since you are using that with Timecodes and optimize your computer if you cant go low in latency.

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 9:01 am
Hi there,

I used the asio settings in the end, I think lol, It just suddenly recognised the AMX it popped up with a box saying use soundcard and I clicked ok and the faders and mixer started working fine, the fader issue with muffled sound is fixed, not sure how bu it was fine today.

The fluctuating pitch issue remains though, both decks constantly drift in BPM, at some points quite badly, I havent used sync once today, it was mostly controllable with some pitch riding, but sometimes both decks fluctuated so badly it was quesswork as to whether to slow it or nudge it forward a little.

Thanks for your answers, do you think there will be a fix for the drifting ? It is quite bad and makes the mixing impossible at times, one tracks earlier was in the mix perfectly then one deck went mental and into about 120BPM from 85, not at all good :o(

Mensajes Fri 02 Feb 18 @ 8:36 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)