Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Master Volume is 1/2 after Gain?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DECHIZHome userMember since 2018
Hello guys.

When I start Virtual DJ, the Master Volume is perfect when I'm playing the first track.
Then if I touch the Gain Button (you don't even have to move it), the volume is 1/2 loud as the normal maximum volume. (You can see it on the top limiter screen as well)

Now I have to gain all the following tracks on all decks to the 3-4 o'clock position to get the normal volume again.

How can I remove this problem?
Thanks
Setup:
latest Virtual DJ software
autoGain NO
GainSliderIncludesAutoGain No
MaterVolume is Max

Mensajes Sat 23 Feb 19 @ 10:39 am
You didn't tell us which hardware though...
Also what's your 'zerodb' setting ?
Finally with autogain set to 'no' you are completely responsible for setting the proper gain for EACH and every song, EVERY time you load it.

Mensajes Mon 25 Feb 19 @ 11:09 am
Zerodb was on default. I can fix the problem if I gain the zerodb to 2-3, but then the sound is horrible.

I'll try to reinstall everything and maybe this problem is gone automatically.

Setup is unneceserry btw. Same problem with or without DDJ SX2

Mensajes Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 11:59 am
Perhaps language is a barrier, but VU-Meters hitting max values does NOT mean equal gain, nor equal volume.
The VU-meters on VirtualDJ are dbfs (their max value is 0 db)
Also they show the peaks of your files.
Different files with different dynamic range will sound "equally loud" with different vu-meter peaks. That's because off different compression e.t.c.
So, vu-meters are NOT a good way to determine whether or not 2 files play with the same volume.
Finally, since you have autoGain disabled, it's absolutely logical that VirtualDJ won't apply any gain on your tracks. And if your tracks are not hitting 0 dbfs (or if only some of them do) you won't see the vu-meters reach their peak.

Basically your whole perception about gain seems wrong to me.
What you should really do is to enable autogain and gainsliderincludesautogain options.
Then you should not mess with your gains unless of rare occasions where a song has a very soft intro and you want to boost that part.
(And you should not bother with VU's in this case unless you really understand the concept of peaks vs RMS volumes and what VirtualDJ vu-meters really show /stand up for)

Mensajes Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 12:10 pm

Mensajes Tue 26 Feb 19 @ 11:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Crossfader

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 19 @ 4:05 am
Have you tried with ASIO ? And default skin ?

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 19 @ 7:55 am
I made a hard reset.
I just reinstalled windows, VDJ and all drivers. Now it works definately better. Maybe it was a drivers fault with wrong VDJ settings in combination.

Thanks for helping me out :)

Mensajes Wed 27 Feb 19 @ 10:11 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)