Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Export Loop to Wav

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
Is it possible to make a loop in VDJ and then export it to a wav for editing in a DAW without having to record the deck playing the loop? I know this can be performed in a DAW, but it would save a lot of time to export a large number of loops (one at a time as I'm mixing) for later use and based on Harmonic information. I sometimes find many intros or outros that I want to use for something else and it's too difficult to write down each song or drag them to a playlist to find them later on. It'll give a better workflow when dealing with thousands of intros.

Mensajes Fri 17 May 19 @ 5:09 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not wav but option samplerExportLossless Yes

Will give you a flac copy

Mensajes Fri 17 May 19 @ 8:50 pm
Cool, thanks. I'm going to give it a shot (no pun intended).

Mensajes Fri 17 May 19 @ 11:36 pm
@locodog

Hi,
is it possible to get more explanation please ?
I tried all I could and never saw my loops exported as FLAC

Regards

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 10:39 am
Groovallegiance wrote :

I tried all I could and never saw my loops exported as FLAC

You mean saved loops (sampler record)?
They are saved as *.vdjsample format, either encoded with OGG or FLAC

You can rename the file extension if you want to try use outside of VDJ

Mensajes Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 10:39 pm
Hi, and thanks for your answer.
I totally stop trying, but gave it another shot today, and just see that I didn't explain it right in my previous post : when I said "never saw my loops exported as FLAC", I meant that I found the loops as .vdjsample, but couldn't use it as FLAC even after changing the extension.

It works with ogg if I set the "samplerExportLossless" parameter on No : it creates the .vdjsmaple file, and after renaming the extension in .ogg, I can play it and see file information (bitrate = 192kbps VBR, format...)
But if I set the "samplerExportLossless" parameter on Yes, it creates a bigger .vdjsmaple file, which let suppose it's a FLAC encoding, but if I change the extension of the file by .FLAC, it doesn't work, I can't play it in any player, and even Mediainfo can't read any information in the file.

PS : tried both 16 and 24 bit settings for recording in VDJ, in case it could also have impact on sampler recording once your set "samplerExportLossless" on Yes. Didn't change anything

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 10:26 pm
I've been exporting my loops this way. I set my loop to 16 or 32, click on the Loop Rec, it goes into my Sampler Recordings, then I drag it into an empty deck, hit File, Start Record with WAV (legacy audio format), and press play, then stop record after it completes. You can use FLAC (lossless), OGG, MP3, MP4, WEBM.

I find the folder with VDJ's drop-down menu and copy/cut-paste it to any folder of my choice. I like how VDJ can start recording automatically and it begins without any dead-space in front. If you need to remove the dead space at the end, bring it into your DAW of choice, place it on the grid, and cut off the silence and export the final version. The 32-bit floating engine has you covered and lossless isn't necessary, but great to have.

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 10:42 pm
Thanks XYLUME,

I supposed it's the only solution, and as you said, at least you can start recording in Auto mode and have the file starting right in the beginning of the loop.
Just thought it could be done in VDJ and save a bit of time, after creating a live mix in VDJ for example and wanting to extract your loops to use them in a DAW without having to cut them first.

Using your method, it would just need a "auto-stop on silence" function added to the master recorder to get perfectly cut files ;-)

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 11:04 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
also note these are not really ogg or flac files but "files that contain" ogg and flac (otherwise there would have no reason to give them a specific file extension)
there are some extra info for use by VDJ in a header before the real (set of) ogg or flac track(s) that are not the loop/sample only but a superset and possibly filtered and separated stems

only some apps can deal with that ignoring the actual header i.e.: VLC
and even there, tracks may or may not sync, the info are in the header

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 11:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)