Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: VDJ & DDJ1000 Freeze

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hejzanPRO InfinityMember since 2009
For last 6 gigs VDJ/DDJ1000 freeze
When it freeze a constans beep comes out and all light on controller are full. So have to turn off controller to get the beep away and restart VDJ with ctrl/alt/del.
Almost exact 1 hour between every time it freeze.

I try my old backup computer and same thing there.
(new computer 4month old ThinkPad & Old 5 year old ThinkPad, both premium spec.)

Last night I try a diffrent DDJ1000 and new USB Cable and same thing happend after a hour.
I Always play with videos but have also try with no video output.

So what could it be?
* Condens in both computers?
* VDJ and DDJ1000 issues?
* I got Pro licens but I have it installed on 2 laptops?

So tired of this after 40-50 hours of re-install software & hardware and searching of whats wrong
I´m in to install Recordbox video and try next weekend.
Or what should I do?

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 12:21 pm
These 6 gigs where the freeze happened, and when you tried a different DDJ-1000 last night - are they all the same location/venue?

If so, have you tested it in another location (at home for example)?

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 12:32 pm
hejzanPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Different.
Friday no crash, Yesterday 3 with each 1 hour between.

groovindj wrote :
These 6 gigs where the freeze happened, and when you tried a different DDJ-1000 last night - are they all the same location/venue?

If so, have you tested it in another location (at home for example)?

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 1:01 pm
Were you using the exact same equipment on Friday and yesterday? Equipment in addition to the controller and computer - such as lights, amps, speakers etc.

Perhaps it's caused by electrical interference from another item (of your own or at the venue).

Do you use any kind of electrical filter on your AC supply cables/sockets? Surge protection etc?

Mensajes Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 1:27 pm
Also: does your DDJ-1000 picks a lot of bass vibrations where it's placed ?

Do this test:
While you're playing normally on the place you experience issues, cue a track and fire an autoloop with the track stoped.
(In other words leave the track cued with a loop ready to play)
Does the track jump back and forth inside the loop ? (Does it move to the last part of the loop, then back to the first part e.t.c.) ?
If so, your DDJ-1000 jogs picks a lot more vibration than it's firmware can handle. In that case (and only in that case) you may want to change the "jogVibrationProtection" setting to a higher value than 0.

Mensajes Mon 29 Jul 19 @ 7:25 am
necilPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi friends, I've experienced the same problem about 3 months ago. I've searched everywhere on internet but cannot find a exact solution to my problem about random freezes. For 2 or 3 hour play on the stage my brand new Pioneer DDJ-1000 was randomly freezing. I have to restart my computer for working it properly again. I found a solid solution for all of you guys.
I'm a Virtual Dj user about 15 years never had an issue with Virtual Dj for 15 years to now on. I'm using Toshiba P50-B-11P for 5 years it has a 4720HQ 2.6Ghz to 3.6Ghz Intel processor with 16GB 1600Mhz Ram.
Today's Dj softwares are needs a clean hardware and performance, keep clean your computer make a tidy routined clening every year . Beacause most of us working at dusty or stressed environments. (Clubs, Mobile Gigs Etc etc..)
My Recommendations For having a good PC or MAC;

1) Buy a computer which has a Intel CPU Base Clock minimum 2.6 Ghz for best results (I Prefer i7-9750H (2.6Ghz To 4.5 Ghz Or i7-10750H 2.6Ghz To 5Ghz)
and minimum 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4 Ram 2666Mhz or later,

2) If have good computer that works for you keep it clean, buy a good contact cleaner and apply it to your computers USB ports and keep them clean an tight;
This is a video about how to tighten them; Watch this youtube video about how to tighten USB ports : https://youtu.be/B_ruqSrkxNU

3) Make your power management; Balanced or High Performance
(Go to Power Plan management in Windows Operating System and set the Minimum processor state %100 and Maximum Processor Frequency %100) This is most important thing for random audio dropouts.
Explained in here; https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/use-maximum-cpu-power-windows-10

4) I recommend that you must change your CPU's thermal paste every 1 or 2 year depend on how frequently you use your computer. You need a expert technical person to do this because every Pc or Mac has a different internal design. You must make this properly for not to face with heat and performance and stability problems. Always use good thermal paste which has a good thermal conductivity. I recommend Minimum Arctic MX-4 If you have budget buy better one this will increase stability of CPU in every condition and you will feel the difference in any condition. Music video game etc. This is the video for the thermal paste replacement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD3AGwHKWp4

5) Always use best USB cables if you can find use Chroma or UDG cables or find better one with ferrite chokes to keep away from interference.
To show you how it must be see the link below for ferrite choke cables:
https://store.djtechtools.com/products/chroma-cables-usb

6) Always keep your computer updated.

7) Use a SSD drive that has 2 times bigger capacity than your needs for getting the best speed results from yor SSD drive.

8) If you make all of these properly most of the case your system will work flawlesly. I think your problem will be solved after making these that I wrote here.
If your problem doesn't solved yet then you can look at the sofware.

9) DDJ 1000 Has a very powerfull and one of the most cleanest sounding sound card in dj controller industry. I have tried many believe me this is very good sounding one I mean Pioneer DDJ-1000. It needs a good, clean and tight USB port for best data transfer, and need a good CPU I have measured It Uses 2.8 Ghz or more for not to get audio drops in your sound, Good Power management adjustments, It need a Intel processor, It needs a Good USB cable about 1.2 or 1.5 meter long.

FINALLY:
Don't forget Professional Dj'ing is a expensive job to make it properly. Read all of them carefully and make them continuously and you won't have any issues with your PC Mac or controller. Make a good investment and get a good result. Buy once cry once. Stay in Peace.

Mensajes Tue 19 May 20 @ 8:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)