Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Scratch and play

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi boss;

Please I need help to set an action like,

If I release from scratch it plays. Only if I haven't start the deck. But
If the deck is playing already and I scratch, it won't start the deck but continues.

Thanks.

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 5:43 pm
Are you using a capacitive touch jogwheel on your controller? If so I can write a quick script for you that will get you those results.

map this to the jog_vynil:
"play ? touchwheel : touchwheel & play"

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:00 pm
Yes Boss
I use Numark mixtrack platinum

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:01 pm
See the above edit, I just tested it on my ddj1000 and sb2 and it gets the job done. If you want it to automatically beat sync on release I can add that as well, or if you would like to be able to toggle whether it auto syncs on release I can write a custom button for you to toggle the behavior.

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:24 pm
Boss that's what I want now

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:31 pm
Boss then I strongly believe it will also work for mine please give the action

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:32 pm
ZeroZuluBrav0 wrote :

map this to the jog_vynil:
"play ? touchwheel : touchwheel & play"

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:37 pm
Thanks Boss it works. God bless you

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:41 pm
Any time.

Here's another one with the sync option built in. It uses the capacitive touch sensor rather than the potentiometer in the jog. It seems a little more responsive.

map this to jog_touch_vynil:
"touchwheel_touch & up ? var_greater 'scratchsync' 0 ? play_sync : play ? nothing : play"

create a custom button (name it whatever you like) and script this:
"toggle 'scratchsync'"

The effect is per deck, so you can have it active on deck 1 and not on 2, or whatever. The custom button will light up with the deck color on which the effect is active.

I also have a pad I scripted that will do your crossfader cuts for a transformer, orbit, and military scratch automatically and perfectly in time with the beatgrid of the song playing on the opposite deck, if you are interested. It also has some other scratch related stuff as well, to help with getting your cuts perfect in a performance situation.

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 7:02 pm
OK Thanks so much

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 7:19 pm
ZeroZuluBrav0 wrote:
I also have a pad I scripted that will do your crossfader cuts for a transformer, orbit, and military scratch automatically and perfectly in time with the beatgrid of the song playing on the opposite deck, if you are interested. It also has some other scratch related stuff as well, to help with getting your cuts perfect in a performance situation.

I really appreciate boss you can give me now.
God bless you.

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 8:21 pm
https://www.dropbox.com/s/htrfeg7lkxm6jbp/Rane%20Twelve%20Left.xml?dl=0

copy that to your virtualdj/pads folder

1] smart scratch while pressed
2] smart scratch while pressed & sync when released
3] jumps to the last used hotcue and cuts 1/2 beat transform while held
4] crab scratch (basically an 1/8th beat transform
5] is an automatic mix script i did to mix in the incoming song. It plays the song on beat, synced with the master bpm, slowly crossfades to 50%, and locks the pitch of both decks and slowly brings the incoming deck to 0%, once you move the crossfader all the way to the incoming deck it turns off pitchlock, and resets a few other things to normal.
6] 1/2 beat transform with a fatter cut
7] 1/2 beat transform with a 45% open to 55% closed ratio
8] is for orbits and takes a bit to get used to, but it basically only transforms your backstrokes, and leaves forward strokes open.

the cuts all use the deck filter to cut the audio, so you will see the filter knob on the skin bobbing to the beat.

9] left deck beatlock
10] left deck 2 beat echo out with HP filter sweep
11] right deck 2 beat echo out with HP filter sweep
12] right deck beatlock
13-16 deck selection in 3124 format

Mensajes Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 10:08 pm
The link one or the below?
Boss please can you do it XML Document for me?
moderator no contact details for home licence users

Mensajes Mon 23 Sep 19 @ 12:25 am
Hi! I have 2 Rane Twelves. I have been able to map the start/stop button on the turntable to get audio to play in VDJ2020. However I can't get the platter to do anything. How do I map this? I know that the Rane Twelves have official mapping but I wish to create my own that I will use where I have the Ranes passing through Bome Tool.

The platter sends a signal 1-JOG6 from Bome Tool (Bome Midi Translator).
The Start Button sends a signal 1-BUTTON0 and pressing it again to Stop sends a signal 1-BUTTON1

I also don't quite understand how to add my own buttons or use most of the actions like "scratch" and "scratch_dna".

Any help is greatly appreciated

Mensajes Sun 29 Dec 19 @ 2:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)