Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Lower case text on mixer tabs - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Original english.xml says
<Audio>AUDIO</Audio>
<Video>Video</Video>
<Scratch> Scratch</Scratch>
<Master>MASTER>/Master>

Default skin does not Uppercase texts for button class="mixerpanel", it have uppercase text as text="AUDIO" "VIDEO" "SCRATCH" "MASTER" as old skin used to

skinengine takes the entry in xml if any and "Video" "Scratch" will display capitalised as xml says

everything is ok

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 5:12 pm
No, my language files are all old (dated 2014) apart from my edited one which has a current date.

Where does this new one come from? Part of the full install? I only auto- updated rather than do a complete install.

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 5:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please read http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/languagediff.html

The English xml can now be downloaded and translated.

@groovin, the default Engish.xml file (as you will see when you download) has
<Mixer>Mixer</Mixer>
<Video>Video</Video>
<Scratch>Scratch</Scratch>
but their values should be in capitals. This will be fixed in next update.
Reason why you had those lower-case letters is because your xml didnt have the <skin> tags, so it was taking the values from the default.

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 6:09 pm
So the language file takes priority over what's in the skin XML? The skin (new 2020 one) has capitals for all four mixer tabs.

It would make sense if the skin used its own values if the info is not in the language file.

I still don't understand why it only happens when I use my edited English file. If I use the default one, it displays correctly - and neither file has entries for mixer tabs.

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 6:25 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
groovindj wrote :
So the language file takes priority over what's in the skin XML? The skin (new 2020 one) has capitals for all four mixer tabs. .

Not if you use the default English language file (the internal one). In this case the text="" and tooltip="" from the XML will be offered without changes. If you select your own custom one, then it will use whatever is in there, but if not available, will look into the internal (which has the tags as posted above - in lower case)

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 6:39 pm
OK - confusing, but I understand.

I'm using the new English file now, from the link you gave. Thanks all. :-)

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 6:48 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)