Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Loop Quantize appears not to be honoured on loop out, am I missing something?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm manually creating a loop with loop_in / loop_out. If I enable smart loop, the loop is quantized correctly but it is quantized to a power of two (4, 8, 16 etc) which is not the behaviour I'm looking for. The quantize function in theory does what I'm asking - that is, rounds the loop to the nearest beat - but it doesn't appear to function correctly. The in is rounded to the nearest beat but the out part isn't quantized. Can anybody reproduce this - is it something I'm missing or is this the default behaviour with loopQuantize?

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 8:41 pm
Most likely you need both quantize loop, and smart loop enabled to achieve what you want.

Smart loop modifies the length of the loop so that it's a perfect loop (corrects timing imperfections)
Quantize loop modifies the position of the loop on the grid (moves the entire loop to the closest beat, depending on the globalquantize setting)

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 8:49 pm
Ok, gotcha :) I understand their functions now.

I'm still wondering if there's a way for smart loop to round to the nearest beat instead of the nearest power of two? (I'm mixing 3/4 songs so manually creating loops at 3, 6, 12 beats etc would really be useful). Not sure if there's an option I'm missing that'd allow this kind of behaviour.

Incidentally, if I create a script with loop 3, then halving / doubling works as I'd intend them to. However it'd be a lot easier if I could manually create loops with loop_in / loop_out.

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 9:05 pm
No, odd numbers are not supported by smart loop
However, autoloops can be odd. And they can be quantized as well
So try "loop 0.75" on a custom button and watch how it behaves with quantize enabled and quantize disabled.
Also you may want to change globalquantize setting to 0.25 (quarter of the beat) if you are going to work with 3/4 time signatures

Mensajes Wed 25 Sep 19 @ 9:09 pm
For now, I've just edited the autoloop entries in my interface to set loops in multiples of 3. I'd still like to know how to manually set a loop that's quantized (both in and out) to the beatgrid, but it doesn't appear straightforward, I haven't been able to work out how to do that via script

Mensajes Thu 26 Sep 19 @ 4:37 am
Good evening can some one explain how to switch the loops from 4bars to 16 bars on the Gemini GV2? I was advise to create a 16 bar loop by hitting the autoloop button and pressing the right bottom most cue button, but that does not enable it? Can someone assist?

Mensajes Fri 22 Nov 19 @ 12:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Depends on which Page of the Loops Pads you are.
Use the Parameter arrow buttons on the skin (since your controller doesnt have dedicated Parameter buttons), to goto the last ones with the "big" loops.
Selected Page is remembered across sessions.

Mensajes Fri 22 Nov 19 @ 1:25 am
Thank you DjDad it worked.

Mensajes Sun 29 Dec 19 @ 11:19 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)