Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Addons

Tema: routineSP
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Discussion about routineSP

Oh look at that, we're live.
RoutineSP, very much like the original routine plugin but this one is script only, so just a padpage, therefore mac friendly.

One important thing; you can not have autoSortCues on with this plugin, the whole thing relies on cue numbers so if you have vdj resorting the cue numbers the mechanics 'get lost'

Here's a video or four showing what this is all about.
I've another version which uses cues 09-16, if you've thrown in to the beer fund before [first thing, you're awesome ;)] just send me a message and I'll send you the link.
If you haven't thrown in and want 09-16 then, here's how to remedy that ThrowInToBeerFund

Mensajes Tue 17 Mar 20 @ 12:22 pm
Just the tip and only for a second

little percussive stutters, bodge video with no spoon feeding, you can add a bit of a techno vibe to your mixes, gets a bit more interesting once you layer up fx on top of the routine [really liking downsample with this]

Mensajes Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 6:41 pm
I can use this to do that drum build up with instead of making loops that react and half etc?
Also I'm just about to get started, but is this based around each track, is there going to be away to save routines and reapply them to other tracks?

Mensajes Sat 29 May 21 @ 4:46 pm
It can do but this is a per track basis [the info is saved as hotcues.]
for your use it would be better to write a padpage.

I've written about a dozen of these little fill scripts, I'll keep picking at them until I have a padpage of decent ones

set 'stage' 0 & set 'org' `get_beatpos` & effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.5 & effect_active 'loop roll' on & repeat_start_instant 'test' 25ms & 
var 'stage' 0 ? param_bigger "get_var 'org' & param_add 1" "get_beatpos" ? effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.33 & set 'stage' +1 & effect_active 'loop roll' & dump & effect_active 'loop roll' : nothing :
var 'stage' 1 ? param_smaller "get_var 'org' & param_add 0.0" "get_beatpos" ? effect_beats 'loop roll' 0.5 & set 'stage' +1 & dump & effect_active 'loop roll' & effect_active 'loop roll' : nothing :
var 'stage' 2 ? param_bigger "get_var 'org' & param_add 3" "get_beatpos" ? set 'stage' +1 & effect_active 'loop roll' & goto +1 & dump : nothing :
var 'stage' 3 ? param_smaller "get_var 'org' & param_add 3" "get_beatpos" ? repeat_stop 'test' & set 'stage' 0 & dump & goto -1 : nothing : nothing

Mensajes Sat 29 May 21 @ 4:58 pm
btw on mac it doesn't look the same, plus i don't get any re light or any light when recording, and it's more fumbling than knowing what I'm doing, especially since I'm trying to follow your video, so frustrating as I can see this is something I'll make good use of.

Mensajes Sun 30 May 21 @ 9:37 pm
I think by having shift on and off, I'm getting it more like yours, so I'm gonna start to watch videos again, but how have you got the menu button to change colour with record basically show status by colour , as there are no colour panels for menu, bur is it script in the action to alter menu button or some thin g?

Mensajes Sun 30 May 21 @ 10:39 pm
Technical Info +[toggle 'info']
Step Recording +[toggle 'stepRec']

Exit >> Pick Exit +[set 'pickExit' 0]
Exit >> Just End +[set 'pickExit' 1]
Smart Cue +[smart_cue]
Smart Set +[quantize_setcue]
Recommended Settings +[smart_cue 1 && quantize_setcue 1 && setting "globalQuantize" 0.125]

Quantize >> 1/1 +[setting "globalQuantize" 1.0]
Quantize >> 1/2 +[setting "globalQuantize" 0.5]
Quantize >> 1/4 +[setting "globalQuantize" 0.25]
Quantize >> 1/8 +[setting "globalQuantize" 0.125]
Quantize >> 1/16 +[setting "globalQuantize" 0.0625]
Quantize >> 1/32 +[setting "globalQuantize" 0.03125]

this is the script for my menu, there are instances of && instead of &, will that affect things

Mensajes Sun 30 May 21 @ 10:42 pm
&& is there by design.

Mensajes Sun 30 May 21 @ 10:48 pm
so how can i get my menu button to change colour to show record and playback etc?

Mensajes Sun 30 May 21 @ 10:59 pm
oh I forgot about that, it was a skin tweak.

Mensajes Sun 30 May 21 @ 11:23 pm
Think I've got it, for some reason I thought if i recorded cue 1, cue 2 cue 1, cue 2, it would play the section between cue 1 and two, and repeat, I didn't realise that it really isn't restricted to then cue points, and in the video when you say count to 4, you really meant count to 4.
SO AM I right in saying, that 1011 is step one and the cue point 1011 is actually the marker for it to return to cue 1, so after that 1021 is step 2 and it will play until it reaches that point and return to cue one, alternatively if it was 1023 it would be step 2 but instead of returning to cue 1 iwork;d return to cue 3. So basically cue points are just for returning too, and then points at which it is commanded to return to a specific cue are wherever i hit the 1-8 cue. SO if i go into poi editor i can move the step command cues to my liking? a

Mensajes Mon 31 May 21 @ 5:02 pm
yes that's the numbering system understood.

Mensajes Mon 31 May 21 @ 5:49 pm
When you go to pad 9-16 what are the deck mechanics for and also there is a delete button which deletes multiple cues those is something I’d like so I can delete all the auto mix and break cues etc vdj adds when analysing .

Mensajes Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 9:36 pm
cues 9-16 is a completely separate padpage,
under the hood stuff, to make 1 padpage to even just switch between 1-8 or 9-16 would be a padpage that would freeze vdj for +20 seconds on padpage load.

I made it, it worked in testing, but it would be a +8 million char padpage [8MB, so too slow to load]
I really did spend 3 months a year for 3 years working on this to get where it is. [functional proof of concept]

batch delete of cues... there is no delete_mixpoint script, tbh I don't know why you care, really I can't see why. but if you really need it, I'd regex database.xml

Mensajes Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 10:59 pm
The reason why I care and I know it seems so minor, but it’s becuase it’s something I have to do alot of, in order to use all the features well placed cues are important, so sorting out the bpm and cbg takes forever i have so many tunes.
The first thing i have to do is get my beatanchor cue and then have to delete loads of auto generated cues as the list will be cluttered and I have to do one by one.
But your suggestion will actual be good I could start on loads of tracks open the xml and just do a find and delte them all. Thanks

One last thing I remember seeing record macro, is that what i think it is, can i record my actions and re assign them at the hit of a button?

Mensajes Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 4:18 pm
macro_record
macro_play

actions are very very broken, an abandoned project. Not saved across sessions and needs a peculiar method just to make it work more than once. Not worth considering.

Mensajes Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 5:04 pm
Well I hope routineSP is gonna be its standin cause, vdj has so many things that when linked together can make studio mixes live well half automated half live, i can imagine so many things and i have them all prepped but somethings are just to complex and all though i can perform them I want to be able to do live as and when I want otherwise I may aswell just do a studio mix. Eveything I want seems to be coming and the things I don’t ask for becuase i think will be laughed at end up beeing done, so I’ll be patient

Mensajes Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 3:30 pm