Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Traktor z2 levels issue

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i got a traktor z2 mixer

just noticing a mismatch between the VU meters on the mixer and those of virtual DJ
the mixer tells me its at clipping level, while in virtual DJ its still pretty low gain (like around 20-30%) nowhere near the white and nowhere near where the auto gain settings would have it.

(also my mic input is very low in the z2 by comparison with the music level - im unsure if this is related to the above problem)

is there some way to finetune/calibrate all of this to make it match up better? i have installed the latest driver and firmware on the z2 and i am up to date with VDJ

Mensajes Mon 11 May 20 @ 2:35 pm
edit : i have been able to adjust now, so that the channels line up, however the master VU still has a disparity. Virtual dj shows it very low, while the mixer says its almost at peaking level.

the mixer is in controller mode, so i imagine it should reflect what Virtual dj is doing. this wouldnt be a problem in a live setting i guess, but when streaming or recording i imagine the result would be a very low level record.

Mensajes Mon 11 May 20 @ 2:47 pm
The Ch Vu-Meters reflect the software Vu-Meters and their scale is dbfs
The Master Vu-Meter is hardware controlled and it's using dbV scale if I remember correctly

Mensajes Tue 12 May 20 @ 7:58 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you try setting the vuMeter option in VirtualDJ to power?

Mensajes Tue 12 May 20 @ 8:24 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Setting the vuMeter option in VirtualDJ to power or peak what they do differently?

Mensajes Tue 12 May 20 @ 2:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
'peak' is what vdj has used by default so far. It shows the largest sample value over the last 15ms with the scale going up to clipping level at the top.
It is useful in the digital domain to see how close you are to clipping, but it does not always accurately reflect what you are hearing.
Power on the other hand calculates the power of the music, which more closely resembles how analog VU meters work as well.
It will follow the volume of the music better and is therefore closer to what you hear, but it is less well defined when the volume would be 'too loud' and thus distorting. (A single sample clipping could still have low power if it's only one high sample like a small click or glitch)

Mensajes Tue 12 May 20 @ 2:53 pm
Adion wrote :
Did you try setting the vuMeter option in VirtualDJ to power?

yes

it seems unusually low for both peak and power settings
i am used to controllers being a little bit off, but this is quiete a larger discrepancy than i have seen before

Mensajes Mon 18 May 20 @ 5:08 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)