Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Re: Should I update to Virtual DJ 2021

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I just logged into Virtual DJ, and it asked me if I wanted to update to 2021? For those of you who have done it, have you been having a lot of problems? It sounds like many of you have. I am a Professional Wedding DJ, and I have always been very confident in Virtual DJ, but after reading some of the problems other DJ's have been having I am afraid to update to 2021. Because I can't afford for something to happen in the middle of my set, because that will result in a negative review. I am not really interested in stems, just basic mixing. So with that in mind, should I just stick with 2020 for now? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated! Thanks, Scott

Mensajes Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 4:05 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Depends on your system... and your feeling

i.e.: with old GPU and GPU and windows10 better is to update
may differ with macOS

main differences: default skin, stems and faster display
In all cases you can use "old" skin and disable stems taking advantage of better graphic

you also always can backup and install both versions side by side

Mensajes Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 4:42 am
Okay thanks for the info. After updating to 2021, have you had any problems with it crashing on you? Because I have read several posts where DJ's have had it crash on them during the middle of their performance, and I can't afford to let that happen!

Mensajes Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 8:27 pm
Re: as long as your
Re: computer is up to the task
Re: and well maintained
Re: you should have no problem

Mensajes Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 11:05 pm
Okay thanks!

Mensajes Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 4:07 am
FYI
that Re: you keep using?
means you're responding to something. prefacing an original post with it makes no sense.
sincerely,
Pemily Eost

Mensajes Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 7:39 pm
NO, unless you want to play around with it. DO NOT USE at a paid gig until EVERYTHING is worked through. I have seen too many crashes on multiple computers so far.

Mensajes Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 9:07 pm
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I run VDJ 2021 using Win 8.1 on on old i7 Macbook Pro from 2012 (unsupported GPU for stems) and it is rock solid during gigs. I have noticed that there is some sort of conflict/memory leak with the trackpad bootcamp driver as constantly right clicking will reliably crash VDJ after some time, but under normal gig conditions VDJ 2021 has never crashed on me once.

Interestingly, one time when my battery ran out of power, I was pleasantly surprised that when I rebooted, VDJ automatically opened and loaded the exact two tracks I was playing, with same pitch/bpm and other settings. Downtime without music was minimal (luckily this was at home, not during an actual gig). Perhaps this has been a feature for awhile, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Mensajes Sat 19 Sep 20 @ 3:26 pm
or... your mac went to sleep mode due to battery power out in a way to keep your work in a safe state
most of the OSs have this feature

i run VDJ 2021 using Win 10 2004 on an old i5 DELL PC from 2012 (unsupported GPU for stems) and it is ...normal... no specific issues at all
only shaders are not well supported, because of the graphic hardware

Mensajes Sat 19 Sep 20 @ 4:03 pm
allabout wrote :
Hi, I just logged into Virtual DJ, and it asked me if I wanted to update to 2021? For those of you who have done it, have you been having a lot of problems? It sounds like many of you have. I am a Professional Wedding DJ, and I have always been very confident in Virtual DJ, but after reading some of the problems other DJ's have been having I am afraid to update to 2021. Because I can't afford for something to happen in the middle of my set, because that will result in a negative review. I am not really interested in stems, just basic mixing. So with that in mind, should I just stick with 2020 for now? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated! Thanks, Scott

Not unless you want an unstable, unpredictable mess during a live show. It's just not ready.

Mensajes Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 6:38 pm
burnyabad wrote :

Not unless you want an unstable, unpredictable mess during a live show. It's just not ready.

That's subjective. I've had a very different experience with the latest stable version. Unlike early VDJ 8, VDJ 2021 didn't have any issues yet that impacted my live performance.

Mensajes Wed 23 Sep 20 @ 10:39 am
I have an ASUS 2014 laptop with an Nvidia card, and an Intel NUC, with an onboard card. I run non stop video for 8 hours in my club, 4 nights a week. I was outdoors with my mobile setup, and now indoors. I don't know what issues this other guy has, but I don't have a problem. Then again, he's one guy and I'm one guy. I will update before I start playing because I keep previous updates on my computers. I'm a Windows Pro guy. Look around this forum, and see how many negative responses you get. On the other hand, you can always try it yourself and find out.

You are not unique. None of us can afford something to happen in the middle of our sets. I am also a mobile DJ and just did a 50th birthday party with my new speakers and lights. The party was for a DJ friend of mine, (I hate working for DJs). There were also two other DJs there that use a competitor's software. I was hired for a reason.

Mensajes Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 4:13 am
you kinda got to update. they made it so certain features wont work anymore unless you update. askthedj, online song searches nd a few others. And on my sx2 the pads got strange until I updated. I HATE updates. Stop fixing things that work. jmho

Mensajes Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 5:17 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
Re: as long as your
Re: computer is up to the task
Re: and well maintained
Re: you should have no problem

Not true at all. I am a 20 year technician system builder and my 3 laptops had adverse issues between all 3. Not reliable during shows. The older build is suitable

Mensajes Fri 25 Sep 20 @ 11:35 pm
You must be really unlucky or configuring your systems incorrectly as it's working fine for the majority of us.

Mensajes Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 6:22 am
unlucky ^^ yes
just got a well working system unable to handle specifically "VDJ 2021 64bit b6106 with Default skin" (and some other recent, including perso one)
titles are blury and a click on anything with popup (but initial tong selection & scheduler ones) crashes in graphic
everything else is working as usual

It is fine with VDJ 2020 32bit b6106 with default skin
VDJ 2021 64bit b6106 with "old" skin (and most of the pre-year2020 other skins, including perso ones)

identical configs have same issue
with other CPU Type only they are working fine in all cases, with additional GPU (nVidia or AMD) they are working fine in all cases

HP ENVY 750-114 With I5 6400 integrated graphic 530 (GP2) whatever the intel driver is; MS driver is OK but multiscreen feature is missing

- BIOS Bug ? chipset bug ? Driver bug ? CPU bug ? DirectX bug ? VDJ bug ?
the fact is only VDJ 64bit is affected as far as i know, and only with some new additions
so that VDJ could add a workaround.... if the reason was known...

unlucky ^^ again yes, !!

Mensajes Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 10:50 pm
burnyabad wrote :
Not true at all. I am a 20 year technician system builder and my 3 laptops had adverse issues between all 3. Not reliable during shows. The older build is suitable

I don't even know what a system builder is, and have limited computer skills, but both of my machines work all day and all night. We have the same software, so what have you done to rectify these issues you are having with 3 machines? Have you asked for help on this forum? I have managed to build two desktops, only because I can read, and asked for help when I was stumped.

Mensajes Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:46 am
hallo i have virtual dj 2021 in my mackbook 2012 pro and when i start mixing after sometime it hungs and disconnects what could be rong kindly advice

Mensajes Tue 09 Feb 21 @ 7:32 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

I don't even know what a system builder is, and have limited computer skills, but both of my machines work all day and all night. We have the same software, so what have you done to rectify these issues you are having with 3 machines? Have you asked for help on this forum? I have managed to build two desktops, only because I can read, and asked for help when I was stumped.

Does it matter? I was posting a legit answer to him. System builder as in I used to build 30 pcs a day on 6 tables for a local custom gaming pc company. I am now into server/server farm/building/maintenance for International Paper. 2020 32bit is SAFE/STABLE/RELIABLE.

Mensajes Wed 10 Feb 21 @ 11:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)