Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pops/Clicks/High pitched glitching with DDJ RZX - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm sometimes getting audio glitches when DJing with a DDJ RZX controller. I have VDJ set to internal mixer mode, meaning that VDJ is mixing the audio internally... The glitches are recording to disk when I record a set to .wav ... I've had glitches with audio latency set to 64 samples (low i know, but that is the default) as well as 256 samples last night.

If the glitches are due to poor performance/latency issues why are they being recorded? I would have thought that the artifacts would not make it into the recording as they would purely be on the output side of things?

I'm running off a 2015 Macbook Pro running Windows 10 ... I have no issue with replacing this with something else if it is indeed due to the Macbook but im still confused as to why the glitches are actually being recorded when using internal mixer mode.

Anybody have any ideas as to why this might be?

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 3:47 pm
try 512 or 1024

your probably too low

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 5:52 pm
Sure I can give it a go... I was half thinking its a fault in the DDJ RZX but with VDJ being set to internal mixer mode it surely can't be anything to do with it?

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 6:07 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If the RZX has a record line in the config (meaning the rzx supplies the final mix to be recorded to vdj) then drop-outs could end up in the recording as well.

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 6:38 pm
Yes it has a record line... that all makes sense then! I think I'll just look at sourcing a faster machine... Since I've been using the new 2021 with Stems loading tracks takes a while... it just seems as though this laptop doesn't really cut it anymore....

I was toying going with standalone again with something like the XDJ XZ but VDJ really is the best setup for me I think... if I can just find a cheap enough fast enough machine that solves these dropouts im all set.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 6:46 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
To check if it is related to the new stems feature you could set usePrecomputedStems option to precomputedOnly

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 7:08 pm
its not specifically linked to the new stems feature... it just seems to be random... when the stems are being analysed its taking something like 10 seconds or more to do so and the displays on the DDJ RZX start to frame out badly.... I think I just need a faster machine.

Mensajes Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 7:14 pm
does virtual DJ use GPU acceleration for STEMS calculations?

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 20 @ 9:37 am
It does, but not on all models.
On a Windows PC you need a fast nVidia GPU, and on a MAC you need it to have ATI discrete GPU

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 20 @ 10:08 am
Been offered an 8 core 4ghz AMD CPU & Motherboard off a friend... should hopefully be more than fast enough... I'll look at putting a budget GTX card in it if that will help speedup the STEMS calculations.

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 20 @ 10:15 am
Do we think a 2gb GTX 1050 should be alright for the MathEngine?

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 20 @ 4:10 pm
Should work

Mensajes Mon 05 Oct 20 @ 4:39 pm
Setup a new desktop machine to try and fix my latency issues... I appear to have ASIO working with 256 samples without popping and clicking but not tested in anger yet... I've yet to fit the GTX card as that is arriving later today... However... all three screens are displaying a skewed image on the RZX... its as if its got confused with how wide the screens actually are so they are appearing skewed like this... No amount of rebooting or power cycling PC or controller has fixed it... I see that the DDJ RZX plugin has somehow auto installed itself in the Virtual DJ plugins folder... is there anything I can try or is this a genuine bug? This has been working on my old laptop fine for the last three months... I installed the latest 2021 beta build from the download page yesterday.

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 10:35 am
Actually... wondering if this is due to me using crappy onboard graphics card... I'll report back when the GTX 1650 card arrives...

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 11:17 am
From another thread...

PhantomDeejay wrote :

DDJ-RZX screens work via a network connection. (LAN over USB).
ANYTHING that could intervene with your network connection(s) could be a possible cause for your screen issue...
Antivirus, Firewall, Network Traffic Monitoring...

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 11:29 am
Totally fresh machine with just VDJ installed... I reckon its a render texture size issue... probably some divisable by 2 bug that only rears its head on certain graphics drivers... hoping the NVIDIA card magically fixes this...

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 11:30 am
I don't see how a graphics card will affect LAN over USB.

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 11:34 am
The pictures there and working (animating/updating), its just displayed with the wrong width so each line truncates differently and creates a skewed image... its bound to be a graphics problem rather than a network/usb issue.

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 11:36 am
Quote :
displayed with the wrong width

Is it? How have you determined such?

OK well I tried to help, but you seem to have your mind made up.

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 11:41 am
being a computer games programmer for 25 years this is my best guess... ive seen this thing many times before during game development... anyhoo... we shall see ... it might not be... its just my best guess...

Mensajes Sun 11 Oct 20 @ 11:45 am
80%