Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Mapping issue APC MK2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

da82PRO InfinityMember since 2020
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with APC MK2 mapping.
I'd like to use the top row of knobs and buttons below them to control the effects depending on the scene launch button being triggered

So that when the first scene launch button from the top (1) is active, you can assign effects, and after activating button 2, you can assign subsequent effects to the same buttons and knobs.

I think it is possible because the original mapping uses such a function but I don't know how to do it?

Mensajes Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 10:19 am
Hi I am also interested in adding an external controller for effects and samplers. And now still window shopping, and interested in how different controllers will work in VDJ.

Looking at the hardware manual for the AKAI - APC40 MKII http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/akai/apc40mkii/sampler.html

In the original mapping created by VDJ, the mapping is configured for samplers, for the 40 pads, which can be selected by rows you want active with the Scene buttons (1-5). pressing a scene button activates that row of samplers.

With 8 selectable Banks of 40 samplers

And what you are asking, now is how to change it from Samplers to Effects right ? So you could have up to 40 effects active in a Bank, by selecting rows of effects to be active with the scenes buttons?

Or are you wanting to apply effects to samplers, that are in other pads?

The controller looks very cool !

Mensajes Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 11:53 am
Hi,
my basic controller is DDJ SZ2, Virtual dj gives a lot of possibilities in applying effects (also VSTs for example the best phaser ever - https://www.adamszabo.com/vstplugins/phazor/ - its FREE).
Therefore, I decided that a more creative solution would be to use an additional controller, in this case is dedicated to Ableton - APC40 MK2.

because I don't use samples, I would like to convert the ability to run samples into effects.
So I started programming the controller from scratch.
So the answer to your question is I don't need samples, I just want to use effects. Tonight, I will restore the APC 40 midi factory settings and try to use the pre-programmed banks.

Mensajes Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 12:39 pm
Should be possible.

What do you want the buttons to do? just turn on and off effects?
If so its just effect_active "name of the effect"

Maybe if you explain how how you want it to work exactly ;-)

Mensajes Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 2:14 pm
"Tonight, I will restore the APC 40 midi factory settings and try to use the pre-programmed banks." - unfortunately it did not work as described above - it looks like more code is needed ;)

@Rune (dj-in-norway)

for example, the effect I mentioned above FX PHAZOR

works on slot 2 RED FRAME (FX master effect)

KNOB orange frame - the knob is used to control the mix (intensity of FX)
CODE: deck master effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 1

Button - darkblue frame - shows FX panel
CODE: deck master effect_show_gui "PHAZOR(X64)"

Button - violet frame - activate FX
CODE: deck master effect "PHAZOR(X64)" active

then blue and yellow frame button are used to induce the desired knob position in effect (we can program 5 presets because we have still 3 more buttons below)

CODE:deck master effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 2 30% & effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 3 50% & effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 4 65% & effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 6 25% & effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 7 100%
or
deck master effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 2 30% & effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 3 50% & effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 4 85% & effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 6 25% & effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 7 100%

Obviously this is just a small example but this way you can make an intuitive FX tool.

Mensajes Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 3:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
scene launch buttons sets
var '$apc_rowsel' VALUE
between 0 - 5, when the device is initialised or a scene button is double pressed the vaule is ZERO
so as per your orange example

var '$apc_rowsel' 0 ? deck master effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 1 : var '$apc_rowsel' 1 ? SOME OTHER USE : var '$apc_rowsel' 2 ? ANOTHER USE : etc, etc

Mensajes Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 5:03 pm
Yes! It works!*

* I changed var '$apc_rowsel' 1 to var '$apc_rowsel' 1 ? set '$apc_rowsel' 0 : set '$apc_rowsel' 1

THX @locodog. :)

Mensajes Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 5:40 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
var '$apc_rowsel' 1 ? set '$apc_rowsel' 0 : set '$apc_rowsel' 1
is simply
toggle '$apc_rowsel'

but this may be more fun:
let's go old school computer's approch: (star trek tos)
http://tos.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/misc/computers-02.jpg

using a multiplexed binary approch you can select up to 32 knobs 2^5 as well
(same as a DMX address) to address the wanted knob
combined with multipressed : n^5
saying 8 colors per button ==> 32768
using (once per button)
cycle '$apc_rowsel1' 8

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/013/396/434/large/chris-hodgson-sci-fi-retro-screen-wall-render-01.jpg
going simpler this way : multiplexed ternary approch using 3 buttons + and 3 colors (still 2 buttons free) gives
cycle '$apc_rowsel1' 3
cycle '$apc_rowsel2' 3
cycle '$apc_rowsel3' 3
3colors^3buttons = 27 knobs identified by a set of 3 colors
button nb being
get_var '$apc_rowsel3' & param_multiply 3 & param_add `get_var '$apc_rowsel2` & param_multiply 3 & param_add `get_var '$apc_rowsel1`
say colors r=0 g=1 b=2
-- one button only --- $apc_rowsel3' == 0 '$apc_rowsel2' == 0
r r r button 0
r r g button 1
r r b button 2
-- two buttons --- $apc_rowsel3' == 0
r g r button 3
r g g button 4
r g b button 5
r b r button 6
r b g button 7
r b b button 8
---- here 2buttons^3colors ends ---- param_add `get_var '$apc_rowsel2` & param_multiply 3 & param_add `get_var '$apc_rowsel1`
-- three buttons ---
g r r button 9
g x x button x+9
b x x button x+18
b b b button 26

Mensajes Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 6:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@ nico toggle doesn't apply, 5 buttons to set var to val 1-5 or zero double press

@ devs small quality of life tweak, toggle VALUE [or toggle to zero] ?

Mensajes Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 11:46 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
quote da82 : "* I changed var '$apc_rowsel' 1 to var '$apc_rowsel' 1 ? set '$apc_rowsel' 0 : set '$apc_rowsel' 1"
that is clearly a toggle ;)

cycle '$apc_rowsel1' 5
gives 0-4 which is exactly what is wanted (minus 1)

dblclick ? set '$apc_rowsel1' -1 : cycle '$apc_rowsel1' 5
between 0-4, when the device is initialised or or a scene button is double pressed the value is -1 (or 5)
dblclick ? set '$apc_rowsel1' 5 : cycle '$apc_rowsel1' 5

just modify the absolute value in test ( same minus 1)
var '$apc_rowsel' -1 ? deck master effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 1 : var '$apc_rowsel' 0 ? SOME OTHER USE : var '$apc_rowsel' 1 ? ANOTHER USE : etc, etc
or
var '$apc_rowsel' 5 ? deck master effect_slider "PHAZOR(X64)" 1 : var '$apc_rowsel' 0 ? SOME OTHER USE : var '$apc_rowsel' 1 ? ANOTHER USE : etc, etc

@locodog : "toggle VALUE [or toggle to zero] ?" doesn't "cycle VALUE" somehow already do the job ?

Mensajes Sat 14 Nov 20 @ 12:44 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)