Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Losing BPMs and always renaming issues.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

speng1PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi Guys. Just need a bit of guidance please.

Ive scanned my files several times ie analysed bpms etc in the main drive in my laptop. Ive had no issues with that.

I have a second drive stored in my machine. i've analysed BPMs and added to search data base several times but the bpms always disappear when i start the laptop again . They are not saving and everytime i turn on the machine, virtual dj keeps scanning and renaming files. its so annoying. what am I doing wrong ?

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 7:31 pm
Check if you have write permissions to the folder /virtualdj/ on root of the second drive.

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 7:43 pm
ok I'll check. Thanks

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 8:11 pm
one more question. On my desktop, I have 13 files and everytime I relaunch virtual dj, it recans the files and bpms because they disappear. Why is that please ? Also it keeps renaming , scanning, everytime I open up a folder and looks like its analysing the whole folder.

BPMs just keep disappearing

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 8:26 pm
Bpm disappearing while VirtualDJ is running.
Or did you mean that its not there when you restart software?

If its at restart, it sounds like same thing. Write permission on 2nd drive for example, if thats where the files are.
Can happen for example if the drive was originally created on other computer, or copied over from other compute, where the folder owner is the other computer account.
If its not saving changes, usually thats the case, that your current logged in Windows/macOS account lacks permission to the folder.

VirtualDJ saves database in /documents/virtualdj/ for files on the local drive (C:).. And on every other drive it saves to /virtualdj/ folder for the drive relevant to the song file.

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 8:50 pm
Ok. I've had a look. I can see the issue. On my old laptop, for example, it was like this.

c/users/bryan/desktop/music

on my new laptop, its like this :

c/users/adam/desktop/music.

when i hover over the renaming, its renaming all the files from bryan to adam.

Thats going to take a while lol. I dont know if there is a quicker way to fix it apart from letting it run its course.
Also, my write permissions was not set to full control. Ive adjusted it now so I will have to reanalyse the bpms for the 2nd drive.

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 9:39 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Bpm disappearing while VirtualDJ is running.
Or did you mean that its not there when you restart software?

If its at restart, it sounds like same thing. Write permission on 2nd drive for example, if thats where the files are.
Can happen for example if the drive was originally created on other computer, or copied over from other compute, where the folder owner is the other computer account.
If its not saving changes, usually thats the case, that your current logged in Windows/macOS account lacks permission to the folder.

VirtualDJ saves database in /documents/virtualdj/ for files on the local drive (C:).. And on every other drive it saves to /virtualdj/ folder for the drive relevant to the song file.

Yes , they are not there when I restart the software.

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 9:40 pm
Sounds like you copied music over from old computer to new computer.
And that the music has changed path. So that will hopefully update as you say.
Ideally it should be same path ...

And sounds like you fixed the write permissions on 2nd drive.

Let it run its course, and analyze on 2nd drive., and you'll be back in business ;-)

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 10:29 pm
Yes indeed. It's going to take a while I think. Its telling me 64000 files but doesn't look like the number is moving down quick as its renaming and checking.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Hey man, thanks for your help much appreciated👍🏻

Mensajes Sun 15 Nov 20 @ 10:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)