Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Lock analysis and warping.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

It's time for these functions, for the sake of the mix. We digital now time to exploit it. Mostly just because you can...so do it. It's also time to perfect beat gridding. Beat gridding and analysis are the last subpar areas. Still love the software.

Mensajes Sun 03 Jan 21 @ 11:10 pm
What's analysis locking and warping?

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 5:30 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
It's time for these functions, for the sake of the mix. We digital now time to exploit it. Mostly just because you can...so do it. It's also time to perfect beat gridding. Beat gridding and analysis are the last subpar areas. Still love the software.

can lock the database for now... .can toggle on/off ..
But not per track.

For "warping" maybe in future, its perhaps more of a audio editor thing .. depending on what you mean.
VirtualDJ does have variable bpm though, so you can "warp" the grid around the song if it does not have same bpm

Mensajes Mon 04 Jan 21 @ 8:23 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

can lock the database for now... .can toggle on/off ..
But not per track.

For "warping" maybe in future, its perhaps more of a audio editor thing .. depending on what you mean.
VirtualDJ does have variable bpm though, so you can "warp" the grid around the song if it does not have same bpm

It's more about correction of live drummers and music before drum machines like "Little Walter - My babe". I spin a lot of classics and being able to basically quantize and remove the human drift makes the mix smoother.

Mensajes Tue 05 Jan 21 @ 8:11 pm
I really wish DJ software would offer this. Ableton Live has been able to do it for many years, and almost every DAW offers something similar now. This function is why some DJs actually use Live to perform - because no DJ software offers it.

My understanding is that VDJ uses the same 3rd part time stretch tech that Ableton etc are using (zplane elastique) so it's not as if it all has to be coded from scratch.

Every time this subject comes up I say the same thing - if Atomix were the first to offer such a feature, it would only serve to increase their profile and reputation.

You've done the stems thing (but so did Algoriddim). Now offer something unique to VDJ.

Mensajes Tue 05 Jan 21 @ 8:43 pm
Might come in future.. .

But there are at least currently perhaps a bit of a difference between audio editors that process audio destructively and over time, and a live DJ software that applies real-time effects.

But lines between are perhaps becoming more "blurred", and VDJ can currently export a song to a new multi-channel mp4 (stems) etc. So in theory in future maybe the editors in VDJ will have more DAW like features.

Mensajes Tue 05 Jan 21 @ 9:13 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)