Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Possible Bug: MIDI Clock Out

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'm trying to sync the MIDI clock with an external application (Waves Multi Rack) on Mac. I have created a MIDI bus to send the clock to and set it up in settings to send the clock to that bus, but the receiving application doesn't pick it up.

I have done the same procedure but using Ableton as a clock source using the same virtual bus and it worked first time, so I think that the clock produced by Virtual DJ could have an issue with it.

As you can see in the screenshot above, I used MIDI Monitor to see if the clock was being produced and sent to the MIDI bus and it looks like it is, but each clock signal appears to be followed by 2 bytes of invalid data. I did also look at the midi clock produced by Ableton and in MIDI Monitor it doesn't show any invalid data.

Mensajes Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 2:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
F8 (Midi Clock) is indeed sent correctly.
I can also see some 00 00 s sent after that, but not sure if it matters. If the other app needs to listen to MIDI Clock inputs, then the 00s should be ignored.

Have you tried other Virtual MIDI devices other than the Mac IAC Driver ? Not sure if any exists though :)

Mensajes Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 2:36 pm
Thanks for the reply, no I couldn’t find another way to easily to send the virtual DJ clock to any other bus than the IAC, and I couldn’t see a way of looking what was inside the ‘invalid’ bytes reported by midi monitor.

Doing the same thing with Ableton doesn’t report any ‘invalid’ data in midi monitor and that clock signal does get received by the other program successfully, so that’s what lead me to think perhaps this was a bug. Do you think perhaps this is deliberate so if I want this to work I would need to find a work around?

Thanks

Mensajes Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 6:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)