Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Terminal Mix 8 - 'Fader Start'

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hi, I'm just doing some mapping on a Reloop Terminal Mix 8 that I've just got my hands on....

Shift + Deck Load Buttons triggers Fader Start for that deck..... but there doesn't seem to be any way to disable this behavior (I want to map these buttons for something else).

In the Mapping window there is an entry for this key combination called 'FADER_START' (Without Shift the entry is 'LOAD')

However there is no action script associated with it. Checking the midi trace this button seems to be set up the normal way with a different midi output for 'LOAD' and 'FADER_START'.

So it looks like this action of triggering Fader_Start is hard baked either into the controller (which would seem weird and I'm not even sure if that is possible) or else into the controller definition.

Why might that be the case?
And if it is, is there anything I can do about it, so I can map this key combination in the way that I would like?

Many thanks.

Mensajes Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 10:05 am
Since the is no script on the FADER_START midi action, and it's still works, I think you may be right - that the fader start feature is hardware based on the unit
But it's just my guess

Mensajes Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 11:11 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
https://fr.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/reloop/terminalmix8/layout/mixer.html

seems to say the fader start is per deck in the controller
however in virtualdj it is global by default - starts ALL the decks affected to a side of the crossfader
that may be the reason

this wanna say whenever fader-start is enable in VDJ the hardware will receive the audio from VDJ, totally software
There is no map to the button because it is unusefull for a software implementation
When VDJ is set with Fader_start off only hardware command may be active
Recently VDJ started to allow faderstart as a per deck setting
maybe investigate in this direction may help

Mensajes Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 12:12 pm
Thanks Klaus,

How could that be, as surely 'fader_start' action is an internal vdj command?

(I also checked on the older Terminal Mix 4 and notice on that controller the 'SHIFT_LOAD' key does have a 'fader_start' command attached. It would seem odd to me to implement this in a completely different way in the similar follow up controller in this range.)

Mensajes Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 12:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Indeed the SHIFT+LOAD (F.START as per silkscreen and FADER_START key in Mapping) enables the Hardware Fader Start functionality and cannot be bypassed.
If enabled, when moving the VOLUME FADER from one direction to the other, the PLAY and CUE keys are also sent from the hardware, without software doing anything. Unfortunately those are the same MIDI messages as the ones the PLAY and CUE buttons send.
Which means that you actually can't map the SHIFT+LOAD (FADER_START) key to anything.

Mensajes Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 7:35 am
Amazing - how do you guys dig up such detailed and obscure information! :-)

I see what you mean now. Doing the midi-traces:
Play:
90 05 7F 00
90 05 00 00

Level:
B0 0F 01 00
B0 0F 02 00
B0 0F 03 00
B0 0F 04 00

Level (with Fader_Stop activated)
B0 0F 01 00
90 05 7F 00
90 05 00 00

B0 0F 02 00
B0 0F 03 00

Yes, it sneaks in a cheeky little 'play' command! :-)

This still seems a rather strange way or hardwiring the controller. Though these controllers do have some funny little quirks. Previously I discovered that on both the T4 and the T8 you cannot use 'Holding' with the 'Browser Track' Button as it is the only button on the whole controller (and on most controllers!) which only sends a signal on release and not one signal on pushing the button, and one on releasing it... Explain the logic of that!!

Anyway, many thanks DjDad for solving the mystery.... again!

Mensajes Mon 22 Mar 21 @ 9:32 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)