Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Live streaming using OBS on a second computer
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
How can this be accomplished? The best method would be through an NDI connection to the second computer that has OBS running, but there is no NDI support for VDJ. A second method would be through Syphon to OBS, both on the original computer, and then connecting to OBS on the second computer via NDI (OBS supports NDI). However, there is no Syphon export solution for VDJ either.

And yes, I do know that VDJ supports live streaming without the need for OBS, but I think the feature set and customizability of OBS is richer. Also, using a second computer for live streaming should take a large CPU load off the computer running VDJ.

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 7:44 pm

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 8:50 pm
Or you can just run a local network RTMP server.. .
Connect VirtualDJ video broadcast to the RTMP server...
Set OBS to "use" the RTMP stream as source...

Super and easy and fast with for example MonaServer on Windows (tiny program)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/monaserver/files/MonaServer/MonaServer_Win64.zip/download

Run it, and connect VirtualDJ video stream to rtmp://192.168.1.165/live/
With a random stream-key .. for example just the number 1
(replace with your computer IP)

In OBS add "Media Source" to non local file, and put the same url ( rtmp://192.168.1.165/live/1 )
(replace with your computer IP)

Perhaps a quite easy to do video and audio stream and capture between programs/computers
(with one sidenote, might require some firewall/router port opening/forwards, depending on yours)

Mensajes Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 9:33 pm
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Havent tested myself, but probably can just use NDI Tools and use the screen window capture feature, set that to capture the monitor/window of VirtualDJ video output
https://www.ndi.tv/tools/

Thanks for your suggestions. I spent an entire day trying to get this to work, but I can't get the NDI screen capture tool to find the VDJ output/extended desktop. It will capture and wirelessly stream the main desktop no problem. Maybe the tool only works with the integrated graphics and not the GPU? I'll try the other suggestions next.

Mensajes Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 5:50 pm
Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :
Or you can just run a local network RTMP server.. .
Connect VirtualDJ video broadcast to the RTMP server...
Set OBS to "use" the RTMP stream as source...

Except the issue now is the 3000ms buffer delay. Any suggestions on getting that low as possible?

Mensajes Sat 09 Apr 22 @ 7:22 pm