Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Can Instant Filter Auto Update on track load?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I can create this "Instant Filter" Key Difference <= 1

Click the button to filter and find a great song to mix next, that is the same or 1 key different.

Once I add the new track and it is playing, the "Instant Filter" does NOT update the filter results ,

So when a track is chosen and played. The filter results do not change, and it no longer shows ALL tracks that meet the Filter criterion: Key Difference <= 1 for the currently playing track (unless the new track is the same key as first track).

It requires me to toggle OFF then ON again the "Instant Filter" to get the new results.

Is there a way to automatically have the Instant Filter button toggled OFF and ON again, on track load?

Or, Is there a way to have the Instant Filter automatically updated to the active playing track(deck)?

Maybe I don't want "Instant Filter" but really "Continuous Filter" for the active track.

And maybe it is better to use Color Rules accomplish this.

thanks

Note:
Beat Difference and Key Difference are the only fields that would be relevant to me. (there could be few other fields that could change as tracks are played)

Mensajes Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 2:58 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
toggle with the onsongload key

Mensajes Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 3:21 pm
locodog wrote :
toggle with the onsongload key

Thank you LocoDog

where do I add onsongload key, in the skin? Or is there an XML file I need to edit for Instant Filters?

Below is screen shot of that Filter

Mensajes Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 3:34 pm
onsongload is a part of the keyboard mapping.

Mensajes Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 3:35 pm
I added key to the keyboards Onsongload Mapping and there was NO change in the behavior of the Instant Filter when a song was loaded. The Instant Filter button still needs to be clicked twice.. once to turn it OFF and and again to turn ON again... to get the Filter to update to the new playing track.

Are there other parameters needed in the keyboard's ONSONGLOAD mapping of key

<map value="ONSONGLOAD" action="key" />

Mensajes Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 3:50 pm
you took me literally, [key in this case means the same as map value] the script is
quick_filter 1 & quick_filter 1

you load a song, onsongload is called, quick filter 1 is toggled twice.
you'll more than likely need something smarter than that [query if on, if on do it, if off don't bother]
but that's the jist of it.

Mensajes Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 4:06 pm
Thank you LocoDog ..

Ahhh, Now I understand, I am using, onsongload to do the toggling of the Instant Filter Button.

I was somehow was imaging that you knew of some magic that communicated with the Instant Filter script, with a KEY action with no key parameter given, would inform it to do the correct thing when the new song was loaded. There is so much I need to learn.

Works perfectly :)

Again Thank you for the amazing solution.

Mensajes Thu 29 Apr 21 @ 4:54 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)