Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: dynamic stems in practice system requrirements windows 10
Hi
My first post here.

I have a question about the optimization vel stability of the code and the accuracy of the sys requirements listed.

Has anyone tried full-on mixing with dynamic stem manipulation on a machine comparable to thinkpad x230? In wiki, it says that i5 is a recommended processor, generation not specified. My laptop has i5 3320 but before I replace windows 7 with 10, just for VDJ for this functionality, I would like to be sure that the machine will cope with the process intensity.

Thanks

Mensajes Wed 23 Jun 21 @ 2:50 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm running a probook win 10 i5 4200m [upgraded to SSD & 12 GB ram], it can manage stems, not super quick for full track stem processing, takes about 15 seconds.

It's on the edge of being viable for more advanced features [allowing some patience], I'm looking into fitting a better processor, [cheapest easiest fix]
truth be told it won't be long before I get a new machine [with dedicated gfx card]

3rd gen...[i5 3XXX means 3rd gen] well meh, I figure it will work but be a bit slow, a machine that old needs careful optimisation. But it's a matter of time before it's more effort than it's worth to use an upto date software with an out of date machine.

Mensajes Wed 23 Jun 21 @ 4:34 am
For ultra fast, close to instant stems, and all of the stems calculation offloaded from the cpu, it might be worth looking into getting a computer with Nvidia card (Windows) or AMD (mac)

Cuda 5 or better compute capability on Nvidia will give fasts stems that are light on the computer.

Your current computer will likely cope, just try it out. The stems will just take some seconds to generate after song is lodead ... 5th gen cpu or better is recommended (yours is 3rd gen it appers).
If its very slow, you can also opt to pre-generate stems prior to mixing, by setting preComputeStems to "only use precompute" and then generate the stems at right-click in browser instead. Alternatively set to "always create" so that those generated while loading on deck are stored, and next time be instant load from pregenerated

Mensajes Wed 23 Jun 21 @ 10:13 am