Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Denon Mixer as analog device for VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi.

I've been using VDJ with a Hercules MK4 controller for a decade. I have the VDJ license for this controller, including the DVS license. I recently bought a Denon X1850 mixer, which I want to use as an analog mixer for the controller, turntables, tape deck, and reel-to-reel, and as a soundcard for my PC. The problem is that VDJ detects it and asks for a Pro license, muting the Hercules controller output! According to Atomix's Support, "A plus License does not allow you to change the default audio routing for a controller. The default audio routing for that unit is Speakers + Headphones, not External Mixer". I don't get it, as I've always used a different audio routing with the license I have. Plugging the mixer created this whole problem. Does anyone have an idea on how to "neutralize" the mixer to VDJ. I just don't want VDJ to even know that the mixer exists! Thanks.

Mensajes Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 1:14 am
To route sound to separate channels to an external mixer you need a pro license.
The DVS home license, is likely covering line-ins for timecode use "only" (although not sure, will check.. this license is no longer offered)

Generally speaking if using multiple controllers, and if thinking ahead of future controllers and use, the Pro license might be a better deal to choose.

Can contact support here maybe they can take a look at your current licenses:
https://www.virtualdj.com/help/

Mensajes Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 6:18 pm
user8717492 wrote :
Does anyone have an idea on how to "neutralize" the mixer to VDJ. I just don't want VDJ to even know that the mixer exists! Thanks.

Not entirely sure what you mean/wanted, but you can choose "Ignore" at the mapper for this mixer, in the mapper setting. Look at the drop down top right corner

Mensajes Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 6:31 pm
Thanks for your reply, @RUNE (DJ-IN-NORWAY). I do use the output to separate channels with my existing license. No issues here. The problem happens when I connect the mixer to the USB, as VDJ does not ignore it and forces me to put a PRO license, which I won't buy (PRO license to play less than an hour per week in my basement?! Non-sense...). What I meant by "ignore" is that I don't want to use this mixer with VDJ at all, but as soon as it is plugged into the computer's USB, VDJ will demand the PRO license and mute the controller's output.
Is there any way (like a Registry entry) to make my new mixer be completely ignored by VDJ? If I need a PRO license just because a digital mixer has been connected to my computer, with no business for VDJ, I'm buying the license, but from a competitor.
Thanks again!

Mensajes Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 1:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Then why dont you try not to plug the mixer to usb ?

Mensajes Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 9:59 am
Because the mixer is my soundcard. That's all I use the USB connection for.

Mensajes Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 11:32 am
Well, that's the point. If you want to use the USB features of a controller (sound-card + midi), you ll need a license for it.
I understand that you want to use just one of those USB features, but unfortunately that's how the license system works

Mensajes Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 11:36 am
After further internal discussions and tests, we believe that you could indeed use the Denon sound card and ignore the Midi.
So from VirtualDJ Settings->MAPPING tab, select the Denon mixer from left and then choose the "Ignore" option from the Mappings drop-down.

then you could apply the default DVS Audio setup as shown here..
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/x1850/advanced.html#dvs

Could you please try ?

Mensajes Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 1:33 pm
Genius! Thank you @RUNE (DJ-IN-NORWAY) and @DJDAD for the "ignore" mapping tip. That made VDJ disregard the existence of my Denon mixer and the controller is unmuted again.

Appreciate your kind attention and help!

Regards,

Vitor

Mensajes Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 2:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)