Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pioneer DDJ 800 Controller

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi All,
first post for me, I have a Denon MC 4000. thinking of upgrading to Pioneer DDJ 800 today, does it work on VDJ, is it a good choice and will my plug in wander mics work. I only use my music via syncing with Itunes, i play at weddings parties, pubs etc, I use Yamaha DX 15 speakers and base bins, regards Paul

Mensajes Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 8:47 am

Mensajes Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 11:21 am
Frenchie68 wrote :
Hi All,
first post for me, I have a Denon MC 4000. thinking of upgrading to Pioneer DDJ 800 today, does it work on VDJ, is it a good choice and will my plug in wander mics work. I only use my music via syncing with Itunes, i play at weddings parties, pubs etc, I use Yamaha DX 15 speakers and base bins, regards Paul

It works ok. Wonky as hell. Sync doesnt sync properly, loops dont loop properly. It's my least favorite controller. I literally hate it with vdj and have stopped using it. I will gladly sell it if you want one.

Mensajes Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 1:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
burnyabad wrote :
. Wonky as hell. Sync doesnt sync properly, loops dont loop properly.

Could you please explain further ? There is no such a report as far as i know.

Mensajes Tue 13 Jul 21 @ 1:52 pm
djdad wrote :
burnyabad wrote :
. Wonky as hell. Sync doesnt sync properly, loops dont loop properly.

Could you please explain further ? There is no such a report as far as i know.

sync is never on beat, have to manually adjust after pressing sync. Loop on or off doesn't correspond with controller loop on/off (off beat when pressed) just too frustrating. It's as if the controller will do what it wants and vdj is just along for the ride.
PS: sampler is 100% when pressed 1st activation, the last 2 effects on the effects dial are 10000% volume no matter what. Just a screwed up controller to use with vdj. HATE IT.

Mensajes Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 4:05 am
I was using DDJ-800 personally for 6 months pre Covid era, and I don't agree.
Sync is working as it should (as it works with VirtualDJ, not to be confused with how it works on other applications) and also Loop in/out buttons work instantly as well.
Holding the "IN" button to create an automatic loop does indeed has a delay as that's how it's supposed to be. The firmware of the device waits to see if you're holding the button and then it sends the corresponding command. It works the same way on Rekordbox DJ as well.
However if you want instant access to an automatic loop I guess you could remap the reloop/exit button.
If you don't care about reloop (re engage last used loop) you can remap it to "loop 4" and you should be good.

PS: DDJ-800 is my second favorite Pioneer controller after DDJ-RZ. For it's size and my needs it's a wonderful piece of gear and I have had zero issues with it.

PS2: DDJ-800 has a "Quantize" button. When quantize is active, loops will snap to CBG. Perhaps you had quantize active and that's why you thought loop was not instant ? (since it will not only correct your timing to create a perfect loop as "smart_loop" does, but it will also move the in/out points to match the CBG)

Mensajes Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 9:26 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
And dont forget that the majority (with the exception of those that have hardware effects) of Midi controllers are just simple Midi knobs and buttons that can be assigned to any action.
so if any "weird" behavior occurs on a controller, most likely it happens the same if you just click on the same button on the skin.

Mensajes Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 10:46 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I was using DDJ-800 personally for 6 months pre Covid era, and I don't agree.
Sync is working as it should (as it works with VirtualDJ, not to be confused with how it works on other applications) and also Loop in/out buttons work instantly as well.
Holding the "IN" button to create an automatic loop does indeed has a delay as that's how it's supposed to be. The firmware of the device waits to see if you're holding the button and then it sends the corresponding command. It works the same way on Rekordbox DJ as well.
However if you want instant access to an automatic loop I guess you could remap the reloop/exit button.
If you don't care about reloop (re engage last used loop) you can remap it to "loop 4" and you should be good.

PS: DDJ-800 is my second favorite Pioneer controller after DDJ-RZ. For it's size and my needs it's a wonderful piece of gear and I have had zero issues with it.

PS2: DDJ-800 has a "Quantize" button. When quantize is active, loops will snap to CBG. Perhaps you had quantize active and that's why you thought loop was not instant ? (since it will not only correct your timing to create a perfect loop as "smart_loop" does, but it will also move the in/out points to match the CBG)

Ill look into this, it sounds reasonable.

Mensajes Wed 14 Jul 21 @ 7:57 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)