Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Updated my software and controller not working right
I have an American Audio VMS4 (I guess technically VMS4.1 since it has the firmware update). Virtual DJ LE came with the controller, and that’s what I’ve been using. I believe it’s version 6.1. I was at an event recently where the DJ was using the free version of Virtual DJ and it had some nice features, a better appearance, and a better layout than what I’ve been using for the past 10 years, so I thought I’d upgrade.

I downloaded the newest Virtual DJ software to try for 20 days. The icon on my laptop says Virtual DJ 2021. The version in the software shows 8.5-64 b6569. It’s not playing nice with my controller, and I don’t know how to fix it.

The left side of the VMS4 is Deck A in the new software, just as it is in the LE version. The right side of the VMS4 is Deck B in the new software, just as it is in the LE version. I can load music in both decks. However, when I play music loaded into Deck A, the volume and EQ controls are controlled by the Midilog 3 channel instead of the Midilog 2 channel. When I play music loaded into Deck B, nothing comes out of any channel. No audio whatsoever. The crossfader doesn’t seem to do anything (just listening through headphones right now). If I use the software without the VMS4 connected to my laptop and change audio out to my laptop speakers, everything works as it should.

What do I need to do to fix this? The left side of my VMS4 / Deck A should be coming through the Midilog 2 channel, and the right side of my VMS4 / Deck B should be coming through the Midilog 3 channel.

Mensajes Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 5:04 pm
Just a thought it could be that during the up grade it may have changed the mixer order to 3124 change that to 1234 to see if that will work.

Mensajes Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 5:33 pm
Forgot to say check your licence as it should be the le version it will say at the bottom of the screen the 20 days you say is the trial version and the le version should kick in after that if I am right correct me if I am wrong.

Mensajes Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 5:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Mensajes Thu 05 Aug 21 @ 6:01 pm
LOCODOG - Thank you very, very much for that link. Problem fixed!! I'll be trying the new software this weekend with my trusty, old VMS4. Have a tall, cool one on me!

Mensajes Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 3:19 am
SO I've got VDJ 2021 on the laptop and I cannot get the cue and crossfader settings right no matter what combo I try. I've tried various Output, Hardware, and crossfader settings, each giving me a different option, just not the one I need.
The issue is primarily with the crossfader And CUE buttons

Currently settings are....Output: Speaker Only Hardware: AM Audio VMS4 Inputs: None

The headphone volume pairs with the channel volume so when channel volume goes up or down, headphones follow. ANd when left deck {set to CH 2) is playing and I bring the crossfader completely to the other side, no sound from speaker, but no sound in headphone either. I cant cue up a song without it coming out of the speaker ifI want to hear what Im doing.

WHen I have Deck 2 playing (set to ch 3), the crossfader does nothing when I bring it to the far left. I only have sound when the fader is in the middle and the cue for channel 2 corresponds to deck 2. When I looked at the mappings, it seems like half of the settings that display channel order are in 1234 while the other half is in 3124. Im not sure how to change it so it sticks or if that is even the issue.
The only cue button that gives me sound in the headphones is the one for channel 2 and that gives me sound for both decks.
I think this all stems ot me updating my WIndows software. Whole I havent had many issues which I couldnt correct, I think they're all because of WIndows and Its time to invest in a Macbook. THis is annoying. But in the meantime if someone could help me fix these issues I'd greatly appreciate it!

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 1:20 am