Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: A few questions regarding stems, precompute and track loading
Hi guys.

I am using an older MacBook and so precomputing stems seems a sensible route. My question regarding this relates to the process itself. If I select a folder to precompute but either do not have enough time for the process to complete or add more files in the future to this same folder - when I go back in to continue the precompute does it start again from the beginning? I ask this as I have had several attempts to precompute some large folders and it has yet to get to the end. My assumption is that it starts again from the beginning rather than recognising tracks that have already been done. Is this correct? One folder in question is my Video folder with around 1600 music videos in it which will obviously grow over time and it seems mad to re process the whole folder each time new videos are added.

Second question is when I load a track that has not been precomputed already, does the loading process act as a precompute? On the fly this process is doable. Over time my regularly played songs would all be fast load ins with only newly added or rarely played songs taking a few seconds. I have noticed so long as I don't start mixing before the load in has completed then the audio output remains unaffected even on my older machine. If this is the case then I can forget the precompute. Note: I do not notice a stems file alongside my files that have been merely loaded in as opposed to precomputed.

Hope my situation and questions makes some sense. Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Sat 19 Feb 22 @ 10:09 am
Then don't do it with the folder, but with the files in the folder.
Could be the VDJ "with folder" always starts from the beginning.
The files are otherwise given a "mark" in the folder, which then no longer has to be clicked.

Mensajes Sat 19 Feb 22 @ 7:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As for the second question, that's what the precomputeStems option is there for.
-Create Manually: Will use precomputed stems if available, but calculate on the fly otherwise. Will not store new precomputed stems automatically
-Always Create: Will use precomputed stems if available. If not available, will calculate on the fly and save the stems so they are available next time.
-Only use precomputed: Will use precomputed stems if available. If not available, no stems feature can be used on that track.

So from your post I think you want 'Always Create'

Mensajes Sun 20 Feb 22 @ 6:00 am