Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Vidjam / Beatflo
Has anyone taken a look at this software and how it connects via Spout to Virtual DJ?

https://beatflo.net/

I downloaded the demo and it shows in the list of spout sources in VDJ but does not show in the virtual DJ preview window or output.

Also, although the music is clearly seen driving the music analyzer, I cannot see any difference in the visuals with the music on or off.

I will say the motionloops demo visuals are gorgeous.

Mensajes Sat 05 Mar 22 @ 2:24 pm
Beatflo does not interface with the Spout plugin in VDJ.

I've been in contact with the software company and they are saying that the VDJ spout plugin is not fully compliant.

Here's what they say:

"Spout works in all but 3 apps we (and you) have tested. Only apps that do not have RGBA pixel format do not work with Vidjam. Most likely Virtual DJ will have this option once their Spout receiver is official v1. It's currently in beta by a third party (it's not a native Virtual DJ plug-in). We're aware of this and a simple test to see as you have found but not so simple way to apply a change on our side - but we're working on a way to send the simple Spout format that it's expecting. Mature Spout receivers do not have any issues with our feeds but some out there are limited to the format they can receive which limits the type of data it receives (VDJ being one of them). We're working on it! :)"

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Any chance that Atomix can develop a fully compliant Spout plugin for VDJ?

Mensajes Sun 20 Mar 22 @ 4:43 pm
I use Resolume, which feeds into VDJ just fine.

Mensajes Sun 20 Mar 22 @ 6:07 pm
As you are aware that does not eliminate the possibility that the VDJ spout plugin is not fully compliant with the the Spout protocol.

With so many Spout apps, it would be REALLY nice if Atomix supported VDJ with built-in first party Spout support.

Thanks.

Mensajes Sun 20 Mar 22 @ 10:44 pm
I have worked a very small amount with the software publisher and got this announcement:

"New version this week has squashed the last Spout bug related to GrandVJ and Virtual DJ. 99% of bugs have been resolved since the beta launched back in November. Are you one of the few who still knows of one? Let's squash it together!"

Mensajes Tue 22 Mar 22 @ 7:00 pm