Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Stems 2.0 are terribly slow on an RTX 3050 laptop - Page: 2
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Adion wrote :
Perhaps 'Don't Use GPU' was still on, can you try to turn it off in the stemsFix option?

I uncheck it, but everytime i restart it turns it back on.

I went back to version 7360, and it asked if it "should" turn off GPU, I said no, and it works. slowly, but it can compute fast enough it'll be done in time.

Mensajes Sun 30 Apr 23 @ 6:42 am
bazzio68ControlleristMember since 2018
Use the latest beta version and choose your Nvidia card, my RTX3050ti does compute stems in 11x now.

Mensajes Sun 30 Apr 23 @ 10:58 am
user18822178 wrote :
Use the latest beta version and choose your Nvidia card, my RTX3050ti does compute stems in 11x now.

I did try it, and still got the prompt. I'll try again, as when I switched to early access, it didn't update or anything, it just reported it was the EA version.

Mensajes Mon 01 May 23 @ 2:07 pm
You need build 7533 or later.

Mensajes Mon 01 May 23 @ 2:13 pm
Tried again and when I try to adjust one of the stems options on the track, I get the warning message for every song when I try to use it. I cancel the box, and then can use stems, but not sure if it's V1 or 2.

Mensajes Mon 01 May 23 @ 2:30 pm
How do you have your performance settings set?

Mensajes Mon 01 May 23 @ 2:52 pm
user18822178 wrote :
How do you have your performance settings set?

Mensajes Mon 01 May 23 @ 3:41 pm
Double post...

Mensajes Mon 01 May 23 @ 3:53 pm
Set stemsRealtimeSeperation to always...

Mensajes Mon 01 May 23 @ 3:54 pm
user18822178 wrote :

Thanks! that got it working again.
It took 30 seconds to split up a 5 minute track while playing a track on the other deck, so that's not bad.

Mensajes Mon 01 May 23 @ 4:20 pm
wesje19PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
TulsaDJ wrote :
user18822178 wrote :

Thanks! that got it working again.
It took 30 seconds to split up a 5 minute track while playing a track on the other deck, so that's not bad.

not bad :) i think that's great

Mensajes Mon 01 May 23 @ 9:31 pm
My 2019 XPS with a 1650 loads stems 2.0 instantly, are you saying that if I were to buy a newer XPS with a 3050 it would not runs stems 2.0 and I would be stuck using the low-quality on demand?

Mensajes Fri 16 Jun 23 @ 1:12 pm
DeliriousDJ25 wrote :
My 2019 XPS with a 1650 loads stems 2.0 instantly, are you saying that if I were to buy a newer XPS with a 3050 it would not runs stems 2.0 and I would be stuck using the low-quality on demand?

They did a little work in VDJ to support the 3050 better
But generally yes - a GTX 1650 TI would probably be better
The 3050 is the budget GPU addition to the RTX 30 series, and is kind of the underperforming GPU that most people will recommend you to avoid. Some say it should never have been released by nvidia

Mensajes Fri 16 Jun 23 @ 1:24 pm
Thank you for the response, but man it must be some software with Nvidia in the RTX series because my i7 2019 XPS with a 1650 loads stems 2.0 really fast, I wanted to upgrade to a newer xps but I guess I will wait until the 40 series xps are on sale next year.

My i9 2019 MacBook does not do well with stems 2.0 because of the way VDJ uses the GPU and apparently Apple doesn't allow apps to access it that way.

Who would have thought the machine that cost less than half would be the better performer 4 years later.

Mensajes Tue 20 Jun 23 @ 11:03 am
Hey everyone, sorry to revive this forum, ive managed to get stems 2.0 to work in real time on a laptop rtx 3050, it takes about 30-40 seconds, but it works,
I came across this fourm after i was having trouble,
I was also have trouble on my desktops rtx3080. and the solution worked for both my desktop and laptop.

The first thing I needed to do was go to the performance tab, I copied the picture that was posted in this forum earlier, but I also had to set a location for completed stems to save to, for me I pointed this into the virtual DJ folder in my documents....
On my desktop I had to install a cuda install file that was 2.6gb (cuda_11.7.1_516.94_windows) This for some reason allowed me to use my rtx 3080 on VDJ, my stems compute time went from 3 minutes to about 15 seconds,
I also installed cuda on my laptop, although not all the components installed. but I also done a clean install of drivers and moved from windows 10 to windows 11 on my dj laptop (Really reluctant to when windows 10 worked so well for me)
The combination of these things stopped virtual DJ stating my gpu wasn't fast enough for stems and actually used the rtx 3050 to 100% usage. Its an AMD 5800H laptop so the amd gpu will handle the on screen videos or chrome browser if I'm using video.
like this I can run stems 2.0 on mp3s and mp4s up to 4k video whilst using stems in around 40 seconds a song, and because it saves the stems to my documents, it no longer needs to re compute the stems unless its a new song.
I Hope this helps those fellow RTX 3050 users out their, as I nearly went and spent £1200 on a new laptop that wouldn't of been needed!!!!

Mensajes Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 12:25 am
just a quick note, my "display driver" for video is blank on mine I deleted the rtx 3050 from the video driver section in VDJ, I think it then defaulted to the amd gpu? no idea but it worked, as I was worried the rtx 3050 was getting overworked, but I had no option to select the AMD one
I am on YouTube, so if any of you people want video evidence this works as well as it does I can show you

Like anyone else, id refuse to believe VDJ can apparently run stems on a 1060, but struggles on an rtx3050... My laptop cpu does them in around 4 minutes, so to go from 4 minutes with unstable music/micro stutters and even crashes if I was in and out of songs to fast to 40 seconds is a big change..
imagine being in a pub and the intro starts everyone starts singing to it and VDJ crashes as the laptop was getting over worked..... yeah don't run stems on your CPU on a live set if you value your sanity!

Mensajes Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 12:34 am
unrealfarcry wrote :
just a quick note, my "display driver" for video is blank on mine I deleted the rtx 3050 from the video driver section in VDJ, I think it then defaulted to the amd gpu? no idea but it worked, as I was worried the rtx 3050 was getting overworked, but I had no option to select the AMD one
I am on YouTube, so if any of you people want video evidence this works as well as it does I can show you
NVidia driver used was 551.23

Like anyone else, id refuse to believe VDJ can apparently run stems on a 1060, but struggles on an rtx3050... My laptop cpu does them in around 4 minutes, so to go from 4 minutes with unstable music/micro stutters and even crashes if I was in and out of songs to fast to 40 seconds is a big change..
imagine being in a pub and the intro starts everyone starts singing to it and VDJ crashes as the laptop was getting over worked..... yeah don't run stems on your CPU on a live set if you value your sanity!

Mensajes Thu 01 Feb 24 @ 12:14 am
tertee1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
My research took me to a Version slow down I'm running a Nvida A2000 6gb with i5 intel processor 32 gb ram 1 tb ssd, Rack mount PC setup!! what I did was I down loaded every 2023 version and started with the first one b7356, On my set up it took 30 seconds a song which is good ,next version b7360 GOOD!!! b7388 GOOD!! b7445 BAD!!!!!! took over a minute a song also my CPU usage was around 6% and ,the GPU usage would go 0 to 100% in a continued sequence @ 71c temps on the versions that were good, I did 56 songs in 25 minutes ,i also purchased another video card before finding this out :-( same but the 12gb version will post if there are any speed increases during stem scan

Mensajes Sat 09 Mar 24 @ 9:50 pm
tertee1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
tertee1 wrote :
My research took me to a Version slow down I'm running a Nvida A2000 6gb with i5 intel processor 32 gb ram 1 tb ssd, Rack mount PC setup!! what I did was I down loaded every 2023 version and started with the first one b7356, On my set up it took 30 seconds a song which is good ,next version b7360 GOOD!!! b7388 GOOD!! b7445 BAD!!!!!! took over a minute a song also my CPU usage was around 6% and ,the GPU usage would go 0 to 100% in a continued sequence @ 71c temps on the versions that were good, I did 56 songs in 25 minutes ,i also purchased another video card before finding this out :-( same but the 12gb version will post if there are any speed increases during stem scan
update no speed increase on stem calulation with new video card

Mensajes Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 1:21 am