Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Midi Remapping: Buttons to replace a rotary
I have a midi device I want to remap 2 buttons on for the 4 deck skin but that part shouldn't matter as what I am trying to do concerns the headphone mix knob. What I want it to do is have one button turn it all the way down so its hearing cue/pfl or 0% and the other button to turn it all the way up to 100# so you can hear the master out. I don't care if the visible knob moves or not.

The button action is off continuously until pressed or held down then it is on. I have read that this controller can be customized but I don't want to have to do that in case the owner should have to do a reset someday. So what I need is the proper wordage and verbiage to make this happen. I have tried what little I have learned but none of that has worked. I am sure this is a longer string of things than anything else i have tried before and I am sure I am missing something. I remapped the entire controller but this is the only thing I cannot make work the way I need it to. The biggest problem is every fader slide or rotary is in use for other things but I have 2 free buttons. Maybe this could be done with one button too, I don't know. Basically change the headphone from cue/pfl to master and back is all i need here. Thanks in advance

Mensajes Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 11:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
down ? headphone_mix 0% : headphone_mix 100%

Is that what you're after?

Mensajes Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 11:43 pm
That works perfect as long as I hold the button down. when i let go it goes back to 0. so that's part of it

thats why i figured 2 buttons one for up one for down would work better so like for example one selects cue the other selects mater-- flips the knob each way

Mensajes Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 11:54 pm
i got it. i divided that into 2 parts. it was the down ? that i was missing. one button is down? 0% the other down? 100%..works perfectly now and thanks huge

Mensajes Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 11:58 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
oh ok you don't want momentary. Try this latched instead

headphone_mix 0% ? headphone_mix 100% : headphone_mix 0%

press tests is monitoring cue? yes, toggle to monitoring master : no, toggle to monitor cue

Mensajes Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 11:59 pm
Brilliant! that works perfectly. Now i have a free button again lol, thanks as always.

Mensajes Sun 18 Jun 23 @ 12:13 am