Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Any way to fix the Deck waveform?
NicoxPRO InfinityMember since 2022
Hey! Since few versions of VDJ i found something different, and i really don't like it.
It's the way how the deck waveforms display themselves.
I need to see where are the drops, i need to see the REAL waveform, where the kick and bass kicks in.
So i notice that the songs scans two times. One to show the REAL waveform, and the second scan (probably for the stem separation) changes the waveform to something that is really confusing. The quiet parts have bigger values than the bass/drum parts. I'm attaching photos to see what is the REAL waveform before the second scan, and after, to see that is really annoying. The last photo is showing part of song where is only kick and bass. You see on the waveform above that they are hitting hard, and on the deck waveform they are looking like they are silence. Any ideas how to change it?

Mensajes Fri 30 Jun 23 @ 11:34 am
NicoxPRO InfinityMember since 2022
So it's a bug?

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 12:43 pm
Nicox wrote :
So it's a bug?

No I think it looks like it's designed to look
But yes, you can set it to show the frequency waveform on the deck instead, so more like it was before stems were added
Here it uses Shapes in the top (so based on stems), but Colors on the deck waveform:

And then you can switch in to Freq if yo want:

Then you can also change the color scheme:

I did a few videos on waveform options a while back. Like this one:

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 3:09 pm
On modern waveform (shape) bass/kick is shown with the horizontal line below the "wave"
So, in a way it's easier to see the drums in a track since you just need to look the horizontal line.

In your last screenshot I can see that the track has two major parts where bass/kick is out and then a third minor one (that I didn't cycle in red)
Then finally the horizontal line clearly displays that the track has a constant kick to the very end.
It's all about learning how to read these waves since they represent the stems and also show vocal and instrument parts.

However, you can still opt to use the old waveforms (frequency) if you don't want to learn how to read them / don't like them.

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 9:42 pm