Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Help with Audio 4 DJ and Serato 7 inch vinyl in 32-bit Virtual DJ Windows 10
I have the 32 bit version of VDJ installed on a Lenovo x201 laptop running Windows 10. Yes, this is indeed a 32 bit OS due to the age of the laptop. I have the NI Audio 4 DJ soundcard connected to the laptop directly with a USB cable and in the settings utility, I have the soundcard set to Vinyl Control (which illuminates both the line and phono LEDs on the soundcard).

From here, I have a 7 inch Serato vinyl (side A) on a Numark PT01 Scratch and the output of that is going into the inputs for A on the soundcard. The Audio Settings are below.

Neither ASIO nor WASAPI are resulting in anything showing up in the timecode scope. There was a point where I was getting a big square but after a Windows crash, I cannot get the green circle to show up in any capacity. I tried changing the selection of the timecode type to others to see if I get even something distorted but still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mensajes Fri 20 Oct 23 @ 10:17 pm

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 23 @ 2:19 am
Yes, I downloaded and installed the drivers. Also, I verified that output works just fine, so my only issue is with input/timecode.

After posting this, I tested with a different turntable and found that I now get a circular scope in the timecode settings but still get messages about the timecode not being recognized. So it is possible that the problem is the turntable or needle (the PT01 scratch doesn't have a grounding wire while the second one tested did, could that be a problem?)

In addition, the 7 inch serato vinyls were purchased last week. Could it be that Serato has a newer version of the timecode that VDJ doesn't support just yet?

The next debugging steps I am going to try are using a 12 inch Serato vinyl that is a few years old, testing with Phase as a timecode signal rather than a vinyl, and testing with an Audio 6 instead of the Audio 4.

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 23 @ 4:23 pm
Quick update: I managed to get the setup working with the same timecode vinyl, same soundcard, but different turntable (an Audio Technica LP 1240 with an Ortofon needle). Once I press play on the turntable and press the calibrate button, the signal shows up as expected (though sometimes I need to disable and enable the timecode button on the deck before the track actually starts playing). What then is the issue with the PT01 Scratch that results in the message about the timecode not being recognized when I try to calibrate it? Thank you in advance.

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 23 @ 5:41 pm
Yet another update: not sure why this is, but the entire original system I am trying to work with works just fine when I select Phase as the timecode type rather than Serato. Honestly, I'm not gonna question it too much right now, but perhaps that may be a slight bug or something related to the 32 bit version of VDJ. For anyone else encountering this issue with a similar setup, I hope it helps!

Mensajes Sat 21 Oct 23 @ 11:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you post a picture of the calibration?

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 23 @ 2:39 am

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 23 @ 5:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As you can see from the pictures in the manual, the graphic on the left is supposed to be a circle, and the wave should look like a sine wave with some peaks higher than others.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/timecode.html

On your setup the peaks look flattened, so probably the input is clipping because it is too loud.
See if the Audio 4 has a control panel where you can lower the input volume until the calibration shows like a circle.

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 23 @ 5:26 am
Thank you! I will give this a shot tomorrow morning Pacific time. The Audio 4 does indeed have a control panel which I am familiar with so I'll try it and then see if that improves things.

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 23 @ 5:34 am
That did it! I just had to change the input mode on the Audio 4 DJ from Phono to Line which got rid of the clipping issue and works as expected when selecting Serato as the timecode type. My issue was not realizing this turntable has its own built in preamp. Thank you so much for the help!

Mensajes Sun 22 Oct 23 @ 4:20 pm