Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Give me back my old Layout (Pls) - Page: 1
Hi,
I always used they old layout of virtual dj in 4 decks mode because i liked the look and feel of this layout WAY better than the new layout in 4 deck mode. But since i downloaded the new update it has deleted the old layout i always liked and used and now i can only use the new one wich i just realy dont like using at all. So why did they delete the old layout because before u could always opt to use the old layout and now its just gone??! Pls give back the old layout...

P.s. I already tried te download the community version of the old layout but that one just isnt up to the same standard as the original one i had until yesterday :(

Hope to hear from you soon, Max

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 9:37 pm

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 11:05 am[ selected best answer by PhantomDeejay on Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 11:06 am ]
Are we supposed to just understand which skin you're referring to when you say "old layout"?

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 10:19 pm
What the hell are you thinking? Saw the update and grabbed it and now there's no way to get back to the old 4 player skin and i got a gig in 2 hours. my midi controller does not match anything available in here and is all custom coded. This wouldnt be so bad if you had a way to undo the last update or return to last known good but we dont have that either. Ive been running this with thta skin for the past 12 years or so. Right now Im lost and a lot of my controller functions are not working. I am going back to a previous build and hope that works but some warning would have been nice before making this radical of a change. all i want is to keep the skin i have known for the past decade because i know it the best.

Edit: I found something close but still, I really prefer the old 4 deck skin

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 11:09 pm
Something's not right as an update should keep things as is.

Did you uninstall and reinstall again as there has been a change to the home folder location?

Mensajes Fri 17 Nov 23 @ 11:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
7805, removed the old skin.
If there really is differences to the dlc version of the old skin, reinstall 7759, browse to the old skin and press edit this skin, that will give you a local version.

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 12:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can find the "old" default skin in VirtualDJ Settings->EXTENSIONS (search for VirtualDJ)

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 1:43 am
groovindj wrote :
Are we supposed to just understand which skin you're referring to when you say "old layout"?

Well it was always labeled as something like that under the interface tab

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 2:17 am
originalmadmanjohn wrote :
What the hell are you thinking? Saw the update and grabbed it and now there's no way to get back to the old 4 player skin and i got a gig in 2 hours. my midi controller does not match anything available in here and is all custom coded. This wouldnt be so bad if you had a way to undo the last update or return to last known good but we dont have that either. Ive been running this with thta skin for the past 12 years or so. Right now Im lost and a lot of my controller functions are not working. I am going back to a previous build and hope that works but some warning would have been nice before making this radical of a change. all i want is to keep the skin i have known for the past decade because i know it the best.

Edit: I found something close but still, I really prefer the old 4 deck skin

Yeah exactly man, I use the flx10 so i was using the 4 channel mode as wel so i grabbed the update cuz i was like why not its prob an improvement and than poof my 4 channel layout was gone and it switched to the default - pro mode of the new interface/Skin and now my extra 2 decks are useless becus i cant see any informasion about them anymore exept the wave form. And i also tryed the 801 skin from the extensions but thats just not the same its just a really old version of the original skin but than in worse quality. Its just really frustrating becuss i have been using this skin for 10 years now.

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 2:22 am
djdad wrote :
You can find the "old" default skin in VirtualDJ Settings->EXTENSIONS (search for VirtualDJ)

Yeah i know i tried this one aswell but it hasnt been updated sinds 2019 so it ist prepared for stems wich i do use verry often on my flx10. And the quality overall isnt the same as the original. Also it doenst let me switch my pads to other modes

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 2:25 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Something's not right as an update should keep things as is.

Did you uninstall and reinstall again as there has been a change to the home folder location?

Yeah thats what i thought to but no. They updated the whole interface in this one including menu and stuff and now there is no way back it seems

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 2:27 am
locodog wrote :
7805, removed the old skin.
If there really is differences to the dlc version of the old skin, reinstall 7759, browse to the old skin and press edit this skin, that will give you a local version.

But how do i do this its not like the site allows you to get the install pack of an older version.

Above all i dont understand why they would remove it in the first place i mean ofcorse you want to progress in your product. But why remove something this small wich apperently alot of people still use?

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 2:35 am

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 3:00 am
I wasn't aware a skin had been removed in this latest update.

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 9:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The Old skin is not built-in anymore, but is still available from Extensions

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 9:30 am
So he was talking about one of the embedded skins?

As locodog suggested, reinstall an earlier build which still includes that skin, and save a copy of the skin to your hard drive.

Trying to decode peoples posts when they don't give enough info. Priceless. :-)

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 10:03 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It was embedded in the exe, so the only way to get it for a new version is by downloading it from Extensions

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 10:16 am
kradcliffe wrote :
I wasn't aware a skin had been removed in this latest update.

I guess that's what "Refreshed Skin and Controller pages in settings" means.

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 10:20 am
nope you'll see when you look at it that it isn't.

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 10:21 am
It wasn't done as part of that procedure, or it just wasn't mentioned at all?

I've updated and can see the new look now, with the renders of all the skins. As I have quite the collection, I notice some of them are blank, some have no browser, and some have other bits missing...

Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 10:40 am

Selected as best answer Mensajes Sat 18 Nov 23 @ 11:05 am
74%