Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Cannot get echo effect off microphone...PLEASE HELP!
VjmattPRO (legacy)Member since 2016
Ok, no matter what I do I can't get the echo effect off my microphone. I'm running a FLX-10 controller and latest build of VDJ and an echo will randomly kick in and WILL NOT TURN OFF. I've tried everything. Only after about 5 power cycles of laptop and board and unplugging USB connection cords will it go away...until it randomly starts again.

I'd appreciate any feedback!

Mensajes Sun 19 Nov 23 @ 9:09 pm
sounds like maybe its latency and not virtual dj

Mensajes Sun 19 Nov 23 @ 11:43 pm
I was thinking the same thing. He does say it's random though, which is odd.

VJMatt can you post a clip of what it sounds like?

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 23 @ 8:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Even though the FLX-10 doesnt have any USB mic input, there is a chance your OS auto-assigns the "record" input of the FLX10 as the default Microphone input. Check your Windows Sound Settings

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 23 @ 8:42 am
VjmattPRO (legacy)Member since 2016
Thanks very much for the replies. I will try and post a video ASAP.

Mensajes Mon 20 Nov 23 @ 7:35 pm
Im have a issue with mic having echo on it. If i use the console FLX10 just standalone without latop the mic works fine but as soon as i plug the laptop in and start virtualdj the echo starts on the mic on both mic channels. Everything else works like a dream.
Im using windows 11 12th gen i7 with 16gb ram

windows is not using my onboard mic i checked

thanks for any help in advice

Mensajes Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 8:05 pm
Did you read the VDJ setup guide for the FLX10?

Mensajes Tue 12 Mar 24 @ 8:31 pm
Thanks GroovinDj i did read the setup with both my eyes closed so took your advise read it with my glasses on and eyes open and found this

A Reverb Hardware Effect is available to apply to the Microphone Inputs.
To access control to this Fx, hold down the HOTCUE mode button (on any of the Decks) to get the FLX10 MIC page on Pads (or select it from the GUI) and then use the Pads to turn the Reverb FX on Mic on/off and adjust the Reverb Parameter/Level.

Mensajes Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 7:16 am
OK you found it - excellent, but was that the cause of the "echo"?

Mensajes Wed 13 Mar 24 @ 9:24 am
yes!!

Mensajes Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 5:31 am
kyds3kPRO InfinityMember since 2015
LIFESAVER this thread . . . lol. My controller got soda spilled on it, and while I was able to take it apart and fix/clean it, the mic had the echo on it - I guess while the pads were freaking out from being wet, it selected that option. WHEW!

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 24 @ 7:22 am