Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: Skinning for STEMS Full Mashup Control EQ
nilaymkPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Hi

I have a 4 channel controller and where I use 5 knob full mashup control EQ (Frequency EQ on outer channel and Stems EQ on inner channel). However, all skins that I have tried 'overlay' both the EQs (i.e. the same visual knob controls and shows the stem or frequency value. This can cause confusion when mixing.

So I was trying to develop a skin which shows both set of EQ knobs side by side (see image):

The issue is that when I set the EQ mode to "Stems" (i.e. 5 knob stems with freq on outer channel mode),
- I can use the knob to control/set/query Stems values with verb "stem"
 ... action="stem 'Vocal' " ... 
... Yay!!
- However, I can't seem to be able to control the frequencies in the same way. E.g.
 ... action="eq_mid_freq" ... 
will actually set the the 'Vocal' stem.

I think this is because VDJ has overloaded the inner EQ knobs to handle stems and internally maps the knobs from the outer channel to frequencies.

- As a workaround I could use 'classic EQ' (i.e frequency mode) and change the controller mapping such that inner channel controls stems and outer channel controls frequencies. something like:
action_deck 3 ? deck 1 eq_mid : action_deck 4 ? deck 2 eq_mid : eq_mid

However, the downside of this approach is that it will only work for the controller I modify and not scale across all 4 channel controllers (I use Roland DJ707 at home, and Pioneer at a club and Traktor S4 in other club) and I'd have to write mappings for all of these controllers. Also I'm not sure about durability of this solution.

Question:
- In "Stems" EQ modes, is there a way to query/visualize/control the values of frequencies independently of stems using the VDJScripts?

Mensajes Tue 21 Nov 23 @ 7:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
eq_high_freq

Mensajes Tue 21 Nov 23 @ 7:49 pm
nilaymkPRO InfinityMember since 2019
locodog wrote :
eq_high_freq

Not sure what you mean or how it resolves the issue. Maybe my question wasn't understood.

Verbs 'eq_high_freq', 'eq_mid_freq' and 'eq_low_freq' as action or query will follow EQ settings and in case of 'Stems' EQ setting, it will control or return the stems values.

Mensajes Tue 21 Nov 23 @ 11:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I didn't read every thing only the end question, you'll have to remap your devices.

Mensajes Wed 22 Nov 23 @ 1:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can use the "stem" action for the equalizer too:
stem FreqHi, stem FreqMid, stem FreqLo

Mensajes Wed 22 Nov 23 @ 4:06 am